Tpa Adjustments

trials owns

hi there,

does anyone know if adjusting the TPA on a hs33 harms it? i like the feel when i turn it up, but on the magura website it says only for the energency pad wearing or something like this. so why is this? does it make it leak or something? i used to turn the TPA up on my hs11 but leaked in the lever soon after.

i turn it up becasue my mounts are tricky to set up and to push the oil in the hosing down abit, if u get me :giggle:

cheers

Edited by trials owns

its absolutely fine to use your tpa. its what its there for. but ideally you want to set it up without using the tpa, then using it when you have to just so you have room to play with if it goes to shit on a ride.

the reason they break is because metal is stronger than plastic, just buy a metal tpa and youre laughing

Edited by Ash-Kennard
  • Like 1

TPAs only break when people have them wound out to. When you do that, all your braking force is going into the TPA wheel which is of course just a piece of plastic - therefore, it just mangles the thread. The TPA is designed to not really be used for longer periods of time as the brake simply isn't designed to have it run like that. You can use a metal TPA wheel to try and make it last longer, but a few minutes with an allen key and you shouldn't really need to...

In terms of the seals, not much, no.

According to the advertising rules, I'm not allowed to directly say where you can get them from, but basically: Chorrillas make metal TPA wheels. TartyBikes are the Chorrillas importers. You get me? :P

EDIT: Apparently out of stock, although I'll double check the warehouse tomorrow...

According to the advertising rules, I'm not allowed to directly say where you can get them from, but basically: Chorillas make metal TPA wheels. TartyBikes are the Chorillas importers. You get me? :P

sure do, cheers i will have a look.

• 7 months later...

According to the advertising rules, I'm not allowed to directly say where you can get them from, but basically: Chorrillas make metal TPA wheels. TartyBikes are the Chorrillas importers. You get me? :P

EDIT: Apparently out of stock, although I'll double check the warehouse tomorrow...

Sutley put Mark :P

does anyone know if adjusting the TPA on a hs33 harms it?

No - but ideally you shouldn't be using the brake with the TPA adjusted, you should move the cylinders in. Having the TPA would in puts too much pressure on the threads and will strip them. The brake should be used with the TPA wheel butted up against the shoulder on the push rod.

As said above, you can just get a metal TPA though, that will do the trick if you are in the habit of playing with your TPA a lot.

when you do up the tpa , does it just push one pad in? if so , why does it do this? it would help me and my brake adjusting abit easier .

cheers

The tpa adjuster just pushes the master cylinder in. If only one pad is extending, that is a sure sign of a sticky piston. Check the wiki for how to cure this.