Distance Technique...

darrenm782

Hey everyone,

In the street I live in, there is a set of 2 steps ( the 2-set as we call it ;) ) and there is a curb (excuse spelling please) that I can almost clear on my friend Kieran's ( MR2K9) bike. It is a massive gap, and I am getting so close to clearing the curb (again,excuse spelling please :$ ) but I never seem to be able to completly clear it.

Has anybody got any tips on how to get further when I'm doing a gap. Is there a certain technique to get further?

Help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Darren.

Edited by darrenm782

Kick harder? Preload more? Man up? Have a wank? Do a wheelie? Do a barrel roll?

You forget to tell him to do a decade air, they are a key part of gapping bigger.

But in all seriousness, preload alot and relax whilst on the backwheel so there is more energy to be relaesed during the kick and release of the preload.

Or on a more serious note, I found when trying to get further if I really scrunch myself up (preload) before I hop gets me way further. And take ur time before you hop and don't rush into it.

Really lunge yourself forward and you should get there within no time.

I have a friend that does handball. In this sport you also need to stay as long as you can on the air...

He told me that a trick they have is to breath in deeply when you just leave the floor. They say that it works great for them even though it sounds crazy. I guess that it helps because you relax yourself although the first times you try it might seem harder...