Disc Brakes But With Magura Pads

montyalp221

If you're talking about putting magura disc pads in a hope disc brake, or vice versa then you only needed to look at a picture of the the two pads and compare. For some reason i also imagined you trying to cram a magura HS33 pad in a disc brake calliper, if this is what you were talking about please seek professional help.

If you're talking about putting magura disc pads in a hope disc brake, or vice versa then you only needed to look at a picture of the the two pads and compare. For some reason i also imagined you trying to cram a magura HS33 pad in a disc brake calliper, if this is what you were talking about please seek professional help.

:lol:

Why would you want to put different pads in different brakes anyway?

And if you really want to do it all i could suggest is buy both pads, put them in the oven to melt the glue then take them off and stick them to the opposite backing.

I predict that even the hardest compound magura pads will last approximately 17 seconds of hard braking on a disk, thats assuming it even manages to act as a brake :)

That'd be intresting to try achually, i've always wondered what would happen if someone put a hs33 compound onto a disc brake pad and used it..

That'd be intresting to try achually, i've always wondered what would happen if someone put a hs33 compound onto a disc brake pad and used it..

See above :)

Or as a practical comparison, dig your fingernail into a maggie pad and then into a disk pad, see the relative difference in hardness? ;)

Yeah i know that but even so don't you think it'd be interesting to try?

I mean would it make noise or not.. How long would it last, how good would it brake etc etc.. when my pads wear down, just you wait! I'll get my old HS33 Kool stops and do it!

No it wont make a noise, it wont last at all, it wont brake well and it wont work :)

ive done it just got back from ym workshop in town i out rock pad material on the hope backings and filled the pistons down so theres more room works well good wonder how long it will last

i need a camera i only have my phone but its shocking

So what hope brake have you taken a file to and massacred? I think it was Plazmatic or might have been Monty that made a disc brake pad out of a different material.

Just can't see this working, surely the material will either shred up or melt when you drag it.

ive done it just got back from ym workshop in town i out rock pad material on the hope backings and filled the pistons down so theres more room works well good wonder how long it will last

i need a camera i only have my phone but its shocking

Pics or it didn't happen, this seems like bull to me.

Ahh.. i see fair enough..

Mark do you know if the Hope pads are glued to the backing?

EDIT: they've gone in the oven - 150 130 210 deg'

What glue should i use to stick the magura pads to the hope ones? Hot glue gun, super glue, pritstick (:P), paper glue (really really sticky stuff but not sure if it would work)

Edited by Laurence--Trials