Tyre Choice

t-bird tom

It's mainly that the compound is probably more suitable for making houses out of rather than gripping rock.

Out of interest - if you don't plan on needing to grip to rocks at weird angles, do you know if the Echo's much good on the street?

I'm in love with my Stikys at the minute, but I'll need new ones sooner or later.

If everything you ride - or almost everything - has square(ish) edges, and is 0, 45, or 90* - is the extended life worth it, or are they really bad even then?

It's not like other tyres wear out insanely fast though, is it? I mean, I'd rather save the £2 and get a Creepy Crawler that's going to work better and actually feel like a real tyre for the sake of getting another month out of a different one? My Maxxis tyres used to last me a good few months, so even if they only last for 3 months before you need to replace it that's about £6 a month for a tyre that's pretty good.

I guess the Echos might be alright, but having to handle the other tyres that are available on a daily basis, you just notice how stiff/lifeless the Echos feel when you pick them up.

• Like 1

Monty eagle claw, say no more.

Maxxis creepys are shite, the amount of people i see get punnys on them are redic.

Try-all tyres last about 30 seconds on street riding there that soft.

Biggest load of bs I've ever head. I and plenty of other riders run/have run Try-Alls, their wear rate for the amount of grip is tremendous, they wear at the same rate as a creepy crawler, no more, no less. But they noticeably have much better grip, whether it is the tread layout or the extra flex in the sidewalls allowing a better surface coverage.

I've been running a set of Creepy Crawlers for almost 2 years and have not had a puncture or pinch in that time, my average pressure is around 15-20psi (front and rear).

The sidewalls on Eagle claws tear/rip a lot quick from folding too much at lower pressure, the sidewalls also give little resistance or stability on sloped or cambered surfaces.

Try-all for mod are damned good, the egale claws fold so badly I thought......rear maxxis or new try-all shift :)

This man speaks the truth!