Tyre Choice

t-bird tom

Anyway back on topic :D

I use the Maxxis creepy crawlers, they work a treat for me ever since ive ridden trials.

Best tyres on market in my opinion are Try-all sticky tyres! Expensive though.

Edited by AndyyRider

Anyway back on topic :D

I use the Maxxis creepy crawlers, they work a treat for me ever since ive ridden trials.

Best tyres on market in my opinion are Try-all sticky tyres! Expensive though.

I completely destroyed my try all in a couple of weeks...don't do it! I'm getting an echo next because I KNOW they are hardy. I like things that are hard

I'll pressume that you mean for mod, if so, I'd seriously be considering the Try-All tyre, they way they grip is well up there with the best of them but whats more appealing is how the ride and roll, they're nice and bouncy even when running high pressures, they just sort of feel comfortable and good. And they roll quite well without dragging too much which is nice if you spend a lot of time moving from location to location, but as mentioned, they do wear down rather quick on the street.

If you're talking stock and you like to ride in all weathers I'd be looking at the Maxxis Swampthing, I've just started using on, mostly for natural, and it's immense, it'll grip to just about any surface at any angle, incredible. If you want a more streety stock tyre I'd be looking at High rollers or Hansventures, though they seem to be less popular now than they where 2 years ago.

Try-all for mod are damned good, the egale claws fold so badly I thought......rear maxxis or new try-all shift :)

As for stock, rain King hands down :)

• Like 1

I completely destroyed my try all in a couple of weeks...don't do it! I'm getting an echo next because I KNOW they are hardy. I like things that are hard

Ok maybe if your looking into try all tyres don't :P

Thanks mike for the advice, paha :)

Montys seem good from what ive seen people using them.

Montys/Maxxis/Echo :)

Edited by AndyyRider

Ahh cheers guys for the advice, but at the mommnet, i'm using my try-all, which is a lovely tyre i've been running it for nearly two years now, but i did have an egale claw, but i completley f**ked the side wall on it so i'm not going back to egale claws, urm i'm looking at the echos, but i'm thinking of getting another try-all but i'm really not sure, i want something thats more for street and that it's got the bounce aswell :).

I completely destroyed my try all in a couple of weeks..

what? a couple of weeks? Unless you were skidding the entire time I cant see how you can do that. I used to ride pretty aggressive rocks with tryalls when I had a mod, and stikys would last me atleast 3 months with decent wear

shay (mods on here) and simon have recently bought these new kenda jobbies for the front, and they seem a good budget choice. I give another vote to Try-alls, but only because I never used the creepy crawlers so I can't compare. The tryalls did everything I wanted to be honest...

Try-all tyres last about 30 seconds on street riding there that soft.

Same compound as the Creepy Crawlers, so their wear-rate should be reasonably similar.

Out of all the tyres out there, I'd probably put in order of 'best' to 'worst' as:

Try-All Stiky Lite

Monty Eagle Claw

Maxxis Creepy Crawler

Try-All Stiky

Then not even bother putting the Echos on there :P

Personally, I do prefer the feel of the Eagle Claw on the rear. I ran mine with a reasonable amount of pressure in and found it to be pretty good for almost everything. Certainly found it to be a lot more stable and predictable than the Creepy Crawlers in any case, particularly riding more off-camber stuff.

Try-All Lites are worth a go though if you can afford them. Adam seemed pretty keen on his, and from riding his bike they are pretty decent. It's a good amount of weight to save, the tread pattern's fairly well proven and they're a reasonable compound too.

as do these topics that are the same over and over. (Y)

Random quote but cbb to go to the add reply button.....

On topic now, I have a monty eagle claw. They are IMO the bounciest (sp?), grippyiest tyre i have ever used. I wouldnt say try all, as they tend to wear down bald after a few months and so i've heard, aren't very bouncy :/

Maybe a little biased i am :P

Then not even bother putting the Echos on there :P

What is wrong with the echo tyre? Mine has lasted a good 3 months and is only about 70% warn. Yeah they are a bitch to put on but otherwise they are completely fine.

I like things that are hard

Oh dear :giggle:

Edited by Kenny--Trials

So what do you guys think is best?

Monty Eagle Claw

Echo Tyre

Try-all Sticky

Try-all Sticky Light

Maxxis Creepy Crawler

They're all good tyres, apart from the Echo's.

Get a Sticky Lite if you looking to save wait.

Get an Eagle Claw if your looking for maximum bounce.

Get an Echo if you want a tyre that'll last ages (but won't grip!)

Get a Creppy Crawler if you want a great tyre thats still cheap.

My favourite mod tyre has to be the Creepy, its dirt cheap yet its as grippy as any other mod tyre out there. ;)

What is wrong with the echo tyre? Mine has lasted a good 3 months and is only about 70% warn. Yeah they are a bitch to put on but otherwise they are completely fine.

It's mainly that the compound is probably more suitable for making houses out of rather than gripping rock.