Free Rear Hubs

Dušan

Hey guys i have few questions...As i have no idea about it...

so...

what is difference between freewheel attached to crank and a rear freehub?what can last longer? what is more responsible? etc like really everything :D

and the other question is.... what about the sprockets? how many tooth they should have how do i fit it on :D what hub size do i need for Zoo Pitbull 06 frame

What is your experience with free hubs.

Hey guys i have few questions...As i have no idea about it...

so...

what is difference between freewheel attached to crank and a rear freehub?what can last longer? what is more responsible? etc like really everything :D

and the other question is.... what about the sprockets? how many tooth they should have how do i fit it on :D what hub size do i need for Zoo Pitbull 06 frame

What is your experience with free hubs.

Depends on the freewheel and hub...but typically a hub will outlast a FFW. In my experience FFWs are more reliable though, and a lot cheaper to replace.

For a stock like the Zoo pitbull 18:15 or 18:16 should be perfect, the hub spacing should be 135mm :)

Freehubs like the Chris kIng are very good, as is the hope pro2 trials if you dont mind low engagements. I wouldn't trust any form of Deng freehub though :)

I have a profile freehub, and it has been pretty reliable, has skipped a few times but nothing major. Profiles dont fit 26" bikes though.

Personally i prefer a freehub, dunno why i just do. But have been thinking about going back to FFW becuase there are some really freewheels out now.

Depends on the freewheel and hub...but typically a hub will outlast a FFW. In my experience FFWs are more reliable though, and a lot cheaper to replace.

For a stock like the Zoo pitbull 18:15 or 18:16 should be perfect, the hub spacing should be 135mm :)

Freehubs like the Chris kIng are very good, as is the hope pro2 trials if you dont mind low engagements. I wouldn't trust any form of Deng freehub though :)

Have to disagree there, i am running one, and have been for coming up to two years now.

Did you know the ratchet ring on the inside is glued in?

It certainly used to be.

Yup i do indeed know this, But the hub has been on my 24" dj and my trials bike, and has been fine.

But i am liking the look of the new Trial-tech (f)fw But then need a new set-up so ill go for a profile next i thinks.

I do keep checking the rachet every couple of moths to ensure its not moving. But after two years, its still going strong.

And i still have all my teeth, which is a bonus. Maybe i got lucky?