Front Sus Forks

Matthew_Gibson

I'm looking at building a hard xc freefide bike up. I'll be using most the bits off an old bike. (frame, and all the drive trian) Just need to revamp the wheels and forks a bit.

I would like 100mm plus travel, through axle is an option. not too fused aboiut lock out or anything I was looking on CRC and found these.http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=49119

They look rather nice, but the only thing that bugging me is what are Suntour like? a few bikes at work have them, and them seem to be a nice fork. Whats everyones POV on them?

And if anyone can recomend some forks under £200 that would be good

They just feel a bit gritty and not quite as smooth as when they've just been serviced. RockShox recommend you service the seals / oil fairly regularly - I can't remember the timing but it's something like for every 60 hours of use for Pikes. The precise figure will be in the service manual which you can download from the SRAM / Rockshox website.

I got a set of these, only used them a few times but i'm quite happy with them so far.

The Remote Lock Out isn't great but that doesn't bother me as it wasn't my main reason for getting them.

Only word of warning, they don't come with the Vee mounts and are ready for disk only, managed to get set of the vee bolts but they cost around £20 - robbing basts!

Oh, and they are discontinued but am sure if you looked hard enough you could fine someone with a set still available, or even the newer model

Frooty

Edited by fruitbat