Because Trial Maggy Clearance Issue

Little Yoshi

RIght as some of you know I've had to go to rear maggy due to my disk mount taking a hissy fit and snapping on me.

When I put the maggy on the cranks hit the pistons. Thought this was due to the fact I had a 122 BB in. Have put a 128 BB in but the cranks are still hitting the pistons.

Now i have very little money left so its going to have to be a bodge it job. Any ideas?

Do they just about clip the pistons or is there still a lot of space to make?

if it's only a little bit, you could grind the back of your cranks to make some room

if it's a lot, I guess it's either new cranks with a higher offset or an even wider BB, if they make them wider than 128?

http://s607.photobucket.com/albums/tt158/Sgurr_Uaran/?action=view&current=DSCN1085.jpg#!oZZ2QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs607.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Ftt158%2FSgurr_Uaran%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DDSCN1084.jpg%26

There is a fair bit.

I had old pads in and it still clipped the cranks. I have try-all cranks and they have a decent off set on them. The pistons are in pretty much all they can be.

Havent tried spacers yet. Might be able to bodge somehting to suit.

And the wheel is as far left as it can go with out hitting the frame.

Use spacers, before the bodge. what BB you got?

Having your wheel left is never a good thing. is it the same with your left crank?

EDIT: would more pictures be possible from more angles? and to see more.

EDT2: is your TPA ALL the way out to make sure your pads can go in as far as possible?

Edited by Laurence--Trials

Use spacers, before the bodge. what BB you got?

Having your wheel left is never a good thing. is it the same with your left crank?

EDIT: would more pictures be possible from more angles? and to see more.

Na its only on my right crank. And got oddles of room on the left crank.

And wat are you wanting pic wise?

Did your cranks come with a spacer you can put in instead of a bashring?

If I remember right, that's the same size as the BB shell, use it to space the BB out to the right by putting it between the BB shell and your BB and should give you more room for your right crank to clear the pistons

if you haven't got one, they're dirt cheap on tarty I'm sure

If its only hitting the right side then just fit a BB spacer! They're usually 2.5mm, should help quite a bit and its very easy to try before bodging and cutting things. Have you got a LBS nearby? In my experience most shops will have plenty of BB spacers that they don't need.

If its only hitting the right side then just fit a BB spacer! They're usually 2.5mm, should help quite a bit and its very easy to try before bodging and cutting things. Have you got a LBS nearby? In my experience most shops will have plenty of BB spacers that they don't need.

Yeah LBS is about 90 miles away. So going to forage in the shed and see if i can find something,