Spec Me A Pc

JTM

Right I have £400 to spend

Already have:

Logitech wireles keyboard and mouse

HP 24in monitor running 1920x1080

300gb HDD

My g/f is buying me a SSD for xmas, so take that into account. It will be used as the boot drive.

Will be running 64bit 7 Ultimate

I use it for surfing the net, watching HD video etc and I may, once in a blue moon play half life 2 or the likes, but I have a PS3 for gaming really.

I just like a really "snappy" feeling PC and I also like SFF cases like shuttles etc, but Im a bit lost when speccing that type of machine. I dont mind bigger cases either though.

Im not a storage demon at all, so the 300gb HDD I already have will do me fine.

Feel confident to put it together myself, as long as everything is guaranteed to work together.

Also like having a card reader, but wouldnt be the end of the world If I didnt.

Would like HDMI and DVI out on the graphics front.

Not bothered in the slightest about 2nd hand stuff if it gets me a better PC.

Any help would be appreciated

I can really recommend the core i3, cheap and can be overclocked to stupendous speeds. Its a hyperthreading dual core so 2 physical and 4 virtual cores, my machine is mainly for gaming and it plays just about any game out there without a hitch. With my gtx260 216 core, HL2 runs 200+fps at 1600x1200 all details maxed.

Probably wont fit into a shuttle case (not sure on the form factors) but its silly quick, Ive got the 4.05ghz clocked version and its damn good :)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BU-035-OB&groupid=43&catid=339&subcat=

IMHO, unless youre using quad core optimised software then is pretty pointless spending the extra when you dont need to.

edit: looks like this fits a shuttle perhaps?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BU-180-OK&groupid=43&catid=339&subcat=

Edited by forteh