Mod Or Stock?

Renaud.Phil

I think it all depends on what sort of riding you are into. Stock bikes are more for the street scene, however a mod is obviously still fun on the street. Seeing as you are only 5'4", i would suggest a mod. I'm like 5'6" and i would say my mod 'fits' me perfectly, and i am comfortable handling it, however a stock may be a bit big and cumbersome for you :unsure: .

Edited by Jon Alty

I think it all depends on what sort of riding you are into. Stock bikes are more for the street scene, however a mod is obviously still fun on the street. Seeing as you are only 5'4", i would suggest a mod. I'm like 5'6" and i would say my mod 'fits' me perfectly, and i am comfortable handling it, however a stock may be a bit big and cumbersome for you :unsure: .

(Y) pretty much ! You do get small guys on stock and vis visa but mod will be best for you as your still learning (Y)

you will become a better rider long term if you learn on a stock I think, but you will see faster improvement on a mod.

I started on stock and I think it really helped.

i kinda agree with this..

i spent the first year on a mod and then moved to stock and my riding rocketed !!

you will become a better rider long term if you learn on a stock I think, but you will see faster improvement on a mod.

I started on stock and I think it really helped.

Beat me too it, stocks definatley improve your riding mass amounts, I improved more on one year of stock that 2 years of mod

Also it doesn't really matter about your size as a stock generally has the same distance between the bb and the headtube than a mod it's just a case of adjusting your setup to suit your size, a shorter bike will be easier to learn on too

Edited by WIGAN ??

Beat me too it, stocks definatley improve your riding mass amounts, I improved more on one year of stock that 2 years of mod

Also it doesn't really matter about your size as a stock generally has the same distance between the bb and the headtube than a mod it's just a case of adjusting your setup to suit your size, a shorter bike will be easier to learn on too

That's what some of my friends that ride trials say but I can see my self riding a mod better than a stock.

I'd say thats a nice bike but you're still prob's better off going secondhand. Most of the time it'll work out cheaper and you'll get a nicer bike.

When you get validated have a look in the forums for sale section

It's pretty cheap I find because all used are more expensive, and yeah for sure ill go check out the sale section when I get validated.. but I cant get validated (N)