Stripping An Onza 320(Pic Added Of The Result)

Balls Deep trials team

hi i have an onza 320 thats been painted black .. obv im gonna use nitromors to strip the paint off to get it back to the gold . but how can i get the gold anodising off ?

iv used oven pride to remove anodising on parts before but obv the frame is to big to fit in the bag do u recon i could just brush it on and just rinse with water ? or is there another way with out getting it sand/bead blasted?

sorry theres been a few of these topics latly but iv look at the others and found no answer ..

cheers

Edited by Balls Deep trials team

just get caustic soda, available from most hardwear stors (B&Q for example).

Add to hot water, use a toothbrush or something to apply to the frame and watch the magic happen.

I found Caustic soda to be far more efficient than oven cleaner, you can make the solution stronger and as I said above, adding to hot water really makes the reaction happen!

just get caustic soda, available from most hardwear stors (B&Q for example).

Add to hot water, use a toothbrush or something to apply to the frame and watch the magic happen.

I found Caustic soda to be far more efficient than oven cleaner, you can make the solution stronger and as I said above, adding to hot water really makes the reaction happen!

Sounds orgasmic :shifty:

I always wanted to strip my Echo but wasn't sure whether it would be the right thing to do incase it made it look worse.

Or if you want to REALLY get it down.

If your doing this for weight issues.

Use a Dremmel or similar such tool.

With a big sanding disc on it (to save time using a small one).

Worked absolute magic on my forks.

Got away about 18 layers of paint in about 2 hours (im not very fast with it :giggle: )