Back In The Game...

PapaManual'sBitch

Evenin' all.

So I'm back in the game, proper old school rider wanting to get back in the small plastic Onza saddle...

Not sure where to go, I'm thinking the old school Planet X frames, something like an Zeb with a nice simple build on it, y'know maybe DX v brakes, DMR ring-thing, Crud catcher, DMR forks or Kona P2's

Failing that a 26mhz. Maybe even with some headshok forks on a beast of the east build......

What's new in the world of trials that i've missed??

Cheers for the help guys, looking forward to riding again!!

Welcome back what’s new ayyy, hummm most people have jumped on the 24" band wagon, people care about weight and drill holes in everything, stuffs overpriced and doesn’t last and yeh so on so forth

Whats the deal with holes in stuff? The Martins never used to do any of that, if it's good enough for them it's good enough for me!!

24" what does that have to do with "trials"

Holes in stuff makes it lighter and yeh weaker in some cases its mostly the comp and high end stuff that has it pre-drilled so less chance of it snapping or cracking and its mostly head tubes and 24" just people going for a more flowey street style with spins, speed and manuals I do it but on a MOD :P Also a lot of people went for 24" bikes such as the "inspired 4play" because of some guy they call Danny Mac :/ not heard or seen much of him though ;)

Holes in stuff makes it lighter and yeh weaker in some cases its mostly the comp and high end stuff that has it pre-drilled so less chance of it snapping or cracking and its mostly head tubes and 24" just people going for a more flowey street style with spins, speed and manuals I do it but on a MOD :P Also a lot of people went for 24" bikes such as the "inspired 4play" because of some guy they call Danny Mac :/ not heard or seen much of him though ;)

Hold the phone Doris, am I hearing you right??!!

People are drilling head tubes?

So this street style, are we talking early Trials Kings stuff?

Edited by PapaManual'sBitch

Yes, yes they are :o its madness there’s been more extremes as well I couldn’t seem to find the picture but this one guy from Russia went to extremes and drilled sidewalls on rims, the hubs, crank arms, bottom bracket, shaved the nobbles off the sides of his tyres and drilled some more holes here and there. I don’t think I ever seen early trials kings stuff but if you watch the Danny Mac April 09 or his new one that was brought earlier on today "way back home" you will get my point ;)

Danny Mac can't be doing anything the TK boys didn't do 5 years ago? Those boys was wicked sick!!!

I remember this one video where Danny H hopped over a bench!!!

Danny Mac can't be doing anything the TK boys didn't do 5 years ago? Those boys was wicked sick!!!

As long as he isnt doing tailwhips and is just riding normal street trials then I'll enjoy watching it!!

Whole new level now, did you know if you dill a hole out of your frame you can get 5" more height :P so every ones doing it and I have no idea who the TK boys are I dent even know what trials was 5 years back only been in the game for around 3 years.

As long as he isnt doing tailwhips and is just riding normal street trials then I'll enjoy watching it!!

Hopping over a bench is easy to quite a lot of riders nowadays lol. (not me though!)

Danny Mac is insane, his new video is fantastic. He does bmx tricks (oh sorry, everyone says it isnt bmx its street trials) but is great to watch.

Also, when you say street, do you mean sidehops, gaps etc or 360s and backflips and tailwhips?

I don't know what you mean Mr JD. I am serious...

Okey doke, I'm sure you're a completely honest unique member of the forum and nothing more (Y) Benefit of the doubt given, here's some points from your completely serious posts:

y'know maybe DX v brakes, DMR ring-thing, Crud catcher, DMR forks or Kona P2's

Most people on here won't, that's for sure. Replace that with a Vee/Maggie/Disc/Brakeless debate, Cloud9 bash and dedicated trials forks (which the P2s might have been, but I'm sure they were jump forks back in the day)

Failing that a 26mhz. Maybe even with some headshok forks on a beast of the east build......

Go to America if you wanna use front suspension these days, these kids wont understand what the hell you're doing otherwise.

Whats the deal with holes in stuff? The Martins never used to do any of that, if it's good enough for them it's good enough for me!!

The Martins had plenty of holes in their bikes. Otherwise, what would that have put their spokes through? The wheels would be pretty hard to keep on without a hole for your QR too, among others.

24" what does that have to do with "trials"

Quite a lot "these days". Much like 26" and 20", funnily enough.

So this street style, are we talking early Trials Kings stuff?

The majority of 'street' guys these days don't ride half as well as Danny Holroyd et all, but yea street is still street. Some, like that Danny McAckrigg bloke, add extra bits on to save us from being in the same place as 5/6 years ago.

Get your sen on YouTube mate and have a look at trials kings. See if you can find toxicity. That was amazing. I can remember downloading that through dial up

Same. Do you have broadband now, or are you still reppin' the old school like a true warrior?

So you are saying I can't use headshocks because people won't understand what I'm doing? Why do I want people to understand what im doing?

Think of the children. Won't somebody please think of the children.

I can see it now. "There was a tragedy this evening when 31 children, aged 14 - 17, spontaneously suffered a fatal head self destruction after seeing a 'trials rider' using suspension in the UK"

It's a complex world Bitch, a complex world.