Marmite...

trialsmax04

Decided to stick with my bike, as i love it too much! Ive had a little play around with a few things as of late; Got my stem height just about right for me, got rid of the gear cable guides, custom milled the head tube, swapped my old mounts for some little less buggered ones :P . Will be going back to front maggy in the new year after i get some money for a new rim and some pads. And also a lightr headset in the future.

Spec:

Echo HIFI frame

Echo Urban fork

Echo urban front rim on echo TR hub - mountain king 2.2 tyre

Rear Atomz rim on Atomz hub - Maxiss high roller 2.5 ST tyre

Tryall cranks- Echo TR freewheel - KO half bash - DMR v12 pedals

Echo HIFI stem,

Viz pro 720 bars,

front mono trial 180mm

rear magura - heatsink yellows, in MK2 backings,

trialtch lite chain,

FSA the pig headset

Trialtech ISIS BB

post-19900-0-71370500-1292926129_thumb.j

post-19900-0-58110800-1292926233_thumb.j

I love the look of these frames, quite unique frame disign. Are they strong?

Would like to see a 2011 hifi

Why not cut forks down and get higher bars instead of stacker?

Cheers man.

Well the BB on these is fairly high, so i like to run a high front end. One option would be a mod stem, or high rise bars like trialtechs. Im not sure at the moment.

As for strong, well its pretty much a tank.

Oh and these frames where discontinued in 2006 ;)

Cheers man.

Well the BB on these is fairly high, so i like to run a high front end. One option would be a mod stem, or high rise bars like trialtechs. Im not sure at the moment.

As for strong, well its pretty much a tank.

Oh and these frames where discontinued in 2006 ;)

Oh really? i thought it looked reasonably high, what is it?

Mod stem would make it longer too though, surly high-rise bars would be good? Got TT Sport on there Atm?

The CNC headtube bit was making me think that :lol:

Why were they discontinued? You know? Seem like lovely frames. and maybe one they should consider undiscontinuing :P

I gotta say lovely bike though ;)

Well to my knowledge they never took off. They had fairly radical geometry back then, something allong the lines of:

+55

370mm cs

72 head angle

Now that is more mainstream geo in todays bikes but in 2006 it was just so extreme. The chain stays are still reasonably short though.

Like i said i personally love it :rolleyes:

edit: been told its 1085, +60, 375, 72 (Y)

Looking good dude. Perhaps treat it to some new graphics for Christmas? :P

Oh and luke, i quite like it without graphics :) If i can be botherd might polish it.

Edited by trialsmax04

• 2 weeks later...

Well to my knowledge they never took off. They had fairly radical geometry back then, something allong the lines of:

+55

370mm cs

72 head angle

Maybe it was discontinued as they geo is so similar to the 06 Pitbull? The pitbull was probably more popular :/

+55

370mm cs

72 head angle

Maybe it was discontinued as they geo is so similar to the 06 Pitbull? The pitbull was probably more popular :/

Why were they discontinued? You know? Seem like lovely frames. and maybe one they should consider undiscontinuing

Deng personally believed the design to be a flop and regarded it as weaker compared to a traditional headtube/gusset arrangement, and that it didn't sell well. He wasn't too keen on a lot of weight being focused right at the front either.

Me personally I liked the design 'cos it's different and totally unique even though at the release time a lot of people slated it for being an XTP copy. Similar concept, but totally different shape... 2005/2006 were good years for frames!

Edited by Ares