Disc Or Hs33?

RhysRoach

Don't get disks they are annoying, too expensive and get contaminated too easily, Vee or Magura is the way to go on the front, decent pads and a good grind.

Magura on the rear too, get Phat or Rockpads

BB7 isn't that expensive and is amazing when set up right :)

I don't rate some of the hydraulic disk though.

i been looking at the tnn engernering pads are they any good ?

thanks.

The LGM's are brilliant.

I don't see the point in BB7s as they barely modulate so it kind of defeats the object of the disk.

Anyway I much prefer front Mag it locks up holds amazing, and I trust it so much more than disk, get one, its worth it.

Edit. Also get Phat or if not Rockpads.

Edited by onza limey20

do you have any links for these pads? thanks and shall i have the older hs33 or the new ones becausse i couldnt find the spares for the new ones any were if i brake them i was just checking to see if they sold them and i seen that tarty bikes dont or will they be coming in the new year ? thanks.

do you have any links for these pads? thanks and shall i have the older hs33 or the new ones becausse i couldnt find the spares for the new ones any were if i brake them i was just checking to see if they sold them and i seen that tarty bikes dont or will they be coming in the new year ? thanks.

Tarty do sell spares for the new models but there are hardly any spares for the old ones!

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/rim_brake_spares/c5.html

after trying both discs and magura, id be happy with either :D I mostly ride TGS (my bad :( ) and have found double magura to be my prefered set up with very slight modulation up front with good hold when i want it, and outright power and lock on the rear, though i happen to be running disc up front due to forks. For natural however im all for discs. Riding in an environment with water, mud and general crap doesnt inspire confidence or offer consitant performance with hs33, unless you manage some amazing pad, rim, grind combo. Discs offer the right performance, look good and work the same in the wet and muddy conditions found in natural. At the end of the day its all preferance :) Which is why im going to be building my new TGS aimed stock double maggie/ front vee, and my current TGS slash natural mod double maggie too, because i like it best :)

Edited by Echo Lite 09

well i just bought a gu st 2008, i used to have a neon bow with front disc and rear maggy but since i got disc i have decided i aint turnin back to maggy any time soon so disc in my opinion :turned:

You need a decent bleed, grind and pads to have a good maggy, and if they are set up correctly, mags are the best. (personal opinion as I like 100% bite/hold and no modulation)

You need a decent bleed, grind and pads to have a good maggy, and if they are set up correctly, mags are the best. (personal opinion as I like 100% bite/hold and no modulation)

couldnt agree more. In my eyes, even though disc is good, nothing comes close to a well set up maggie.