What Brake Pads To Run

howvard

Hi

I have been running a rear v-brake for some time now and my rim has a pretty intense grind on it so the brake works great. My problem is that it wears my pads out so quick

I am hopefully going to maggie soon and although i have plenty of pads was wondering which pads are the tuffest and live the longest

Thanks if you can help out

Howvard

If your goin mags and getting the evo 2 adaptor don't bother there useless as for pads any really to me they all do the job I run a smooth rim but the onza Ice pro pads seem pretty decent think they hold a grind also a decent set of levers will help and a booster

What bike do you ride?

If your goin mags and getting the evo 2 adaptor don't bother there useless as for pads any really to me they all do the job I run a smooth rim but the onza Ice pro pads seem pretty decent think they hold a grind also a decent set of levers will help and a booster

What bike do you ride?

how do you know im gunna run evo 2 setup

but cheers mate might just make an ultimate v-brake setup

how do you know im gunna run evo 2 setup

but cheers mate might just make an ultimate v-brake setup

Sorry i missed the last post

I ride a MAD phase 1.3 custom setup so i would have to run evo 2's

I know the bike isnt great but it does the job

Well i ride the 1.2 they are nifty little bikes one thing stick with the Vees good pads grind and a booster with avid sd7 levers job done, Mags are pretty good but only on maggie mounts

how new are you to trials and where do you live/ ride. :)

ok thanks guys will buy an ultimate v-brake when i get verified

Well i ride the 1.2 they are nifty little bikes one thing stick with the Vees good pads grind and a booster with avid sd7 levers job done, Mags are pretty good but only on maggie mounts

how new are you to trials and where do you live/ ride. :)

ok nice mate the red one Are you running maggies then

I have just bought some avid 7 levers and xtr pads my rim is brand new and will be set up so it is super straight and also bought some xt cables so braking should feel plush

Thanks for the help mate

Need front drilled rim when i get verified and new cranks mine are busted :(

Yh mate running mags on me phase but just put some new pads levers cables on me onza. Spose if you got the money get sum heatsinks or someert expensive.

Have u converted your phase to singlespeed

As for a booster anyone used a brand x one thee about a fiver ?

Yh mate running mags on me phase but just put some new pads levers cables on me onza. Spose if you got the money get sum heatsinks or someert expensive.

ok mate cheers i have been riding for about 1 to 1.5 years now not great as i ride xc more (dont diss it untill you have tried it) live in witney area ride bristol, oxford and have been to portsmouth once

And my phase is single speed running echo stem monty bars hayes mechanical disc front with some new avid 7 levers and avid v on the rear

My dad is building my fluro pink tryall rim up so that should be nice. How about yours

Only got it Christmas time everything standard, thinking about single speed do you think it's better than geared.

Pink rim very nice how much as that robbed you ?

I will give you a validation vote tommorow when I'm on the computer as I cant do it on the iPod :)

As for a booster anyone used a brand x one thee about a fiver ?

I got a Brand X one for christmas, i run it on the front. It seems to work pretty good, for a fiver you cant go wrong anyway. Only problem was it wouldnt fit on the back for some reason, the spacing was off, but only by a few mm, you could just file it out i suppose. Also its a cream colour, not white like the picture :)

Ok cheers onza 1

I would say definatly go single speed because i bet your gears jump when you do a trick or hop somthing?.

I am running a 18tooth front and 15tooth rear with a surley singulater tension. Im gunna get a new one hopefully. And just one last thing go careful not to smash break or bend the silver hanger because for a small piece they are very expensive

Cheeers mate thanks for the vote

Want it on the back I've seen a silver stainless one then a black carbon one what do u ride so I know if it'll fit mine ?

where'd you see the sivler one? in my experience avoid the plastic vee boosters that are about they're flexy as hell...

Well the spacing on my forks is about 80mm, my Vee mounts on the back are more like 90 something, so it would never really fit. I think thats because its just a mountain bike one, which is why it fits fine on the front. Rather than a trials specific one built for wider rims and stuff. So if the spacing of your rear mounts is more than 80mm, it wouldnt fit, you could file it out to 84 max id say, but otherwise it shouldnt fit. The only one i can see fitting the rear is the Echo one on tarty, its a bit more expensive, but im sure its worth it, just check your spacing before you buy one. Plus it looks pimp as.

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/vbrake_boosters/echo_vbrake/c106p13.html

Edited by roboff