Hellllp

shansen

hey every one :) can anyone help me i have a 24" dmr with profile racing bmx cranks and i want a trials gear on it something like a 22t front sprocket anyone know where to get hold of one of them and then it needs a bash plate as well :/ any good sugestions?

Ben Rowlands was looking for the same setup lately and I think he started a thread about it, maybe look through the recent threads he's started because someone said they had that setup floating about, i think.

That could well be one of the most vague posts ever.

Ben Rowlands was looking for the same setup lately and I think he started a thread about it, maybe look through the recent threads he's started because someone said they had that setup floating about, i think.

That could well be one of the most vague posts ever.

To add more information to the most vague post ever :D Im pretty sure a macneil sprocket/integrated guard was mentioned as a possible option. Think they only go down to 25t though.

Edited by forteh

Ebay, a few weeks back, had a DMR Ringthing Elite (bashguard) which attached to 3 piece cranks. The chainring also attached to the bashguard. There were a couple of new ones on ebay a few weeks back. Dunno if they sold. Middleburn rings will fit to the DMR Ringthing - you just need to select one with the appropriate amount of holes (either 4 or 5 hole). Check chainreactioncycles.com for other chainring options as well. Luke Rainbird may still have one of these bashguards for sale. They seem to be very rare these days but pretty much the only option (N)

However, I think the DMR cranks often come with a spider. In which case you can use something like this. I believe the bash sits on the outside holes of the spider and the chainring on the inside holes. Again, a middleburn chainring or something similar will work. Just make sure you buy the ring and guard with the right amount of holes for your spider.

Edit: As Mr. Westlake pointed out to me; if you run a bmx bash/sprocket combo you have to run the thicker chains - that is, at least, with regard to the bash/sprocket combos we were looking at. Those chains then require a modification to tensioners if that's something you run. We did find a 23t bash/sprocket combo though. If you've got horizontal drop outs it seems fairly ideal.

Second Edit: Just noticed you have Profile cranks rather than DMR ones. I'm pretty sure these still have a spider option? But seeing as you've got a DMR frame I can imagine that having horizontal dropouts? The bmx combo route might be a good one (Y)

Edited by Ben Rowlands