She Has Arrived

stewie87

here she is turned up a few days ago, spent a day sorting it out to ride pulled off all the sram crap and stuck some shimano gear i had lying around on there, been out for a ride today finding it very different to my freeride bike but we shall get there, comments and suggestions welcome :D

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/6196505/

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/6196503/

Nice starter bike, what I'd suggest you do is buy a singlespeed kit, you will feel the benefits of less weight and alot less things to break or go wrong

gusset ss

this is a good one there is also a dmr version but its slightly more expensive, also you might want to get a sprung tensioner but you can use you derailleur as a bodged thing for now.

Get some lovely riser bars on when you can afford as well, I really like them Phase bikes. Think I would have got one myself if I were just starting out!

I'd also go for the Trialtech spacer kit and an 18t Trialtech sprocket from Tartybikes, comes in at just over £11 for the pair then you'd just need to sort a double wheel tensioner out and a lockring.

cheers for the comments guys (some of them anyway) i have been thinking about the single speed option as i see alot of bikes on here are single speed, would riser bars help me? or is it more of a style thing.

quick_spider i do apologise howeever i was trying to be a little more creative you see, as most of the things that get posted in the new members chat doesnt get replied to. i am trying to get validated so i can actually join the normal memebers and get a bit more involved in the forum but with topics about wheel building which i know nothing about and a topic abusing a former member for many crimes i dont really feel i can get involved so im trying to be imaginiative with my posts, "she" is quite obviously a bike as the link is pinkbike.com, have you never called your bike she before? how should i label the topic to please you then ? im here to learn so expand your ideas on me please.

stew

You'd definately notice the difference with riser bars, they feel a lot nicer to ride with than flats though I'd get a single speed kit sorted first then try and pick some bars up 2nd hand off here once your validated!

im not sure if its the picture angle but ive just been and had a look they are riser bars i think they dont give a massive rise but they are not flat, i will definatley check some out though, ive got an old set of mavic 321's do you think they would work better than the alex rims on there at the moment?

Nah they're deffo flat, rlat bars are flat along the middle with the ends rising slightly like

large_echobarblack.jpg

Riser bars have a rise in the middle with the ends rising like this

large_tartyriser.jpg

As for the wheels I'd stick with whats on there for a few months until you've got a few hundred quid spare to blow on some new ones or a decent 2nd hand set.

quick_spider i do apologise howeever i was trying to be a little more creative you see, as most of the things that get posted in the new members chat doesnt get replied to. i am trying to get validated so i can actually join the normal memebers and get a bit more involved in the forum but with topics about wheel building which i know nothing about and a topic abusing a former member for many crimes i dont really feel i can get involved so im trying to be imaginiative with my posts, "she" is quite obviously a bike as the link is pinkbike.com, have you never called your bike she before? how should i label the topic to please you then ? im here to learn so expand your ideas on me please.

stew

Perhaps a subtitle on the topic (I've added this now), or something in your first post saying it was your new bike.

We get plenty of inappropriate spam on here so I don't click on links while I'm at work just in case it's something dodgy!

Perhaps a subtitle on the topic (I've added this now), or something in your first post saying it was your new bike.

We get plenty of inappropriate spam on here so I don't click on links while I'm at work just in case it's something dodgy!

ok thanks i know for next time now, i see your point with the links but all the people had clicked on it before and im sure if i was spam they would have reported it quickly, again i apologise and will form my topics properley from now on :)

I would love to show my pride and joy Meta on here but can't load pictures. Some day I will become a member.

I like this forum.

Very nice bike, my friend has one and it's a lovely bike :)

Only thing is that the crank/sprockety thing only engages at 8 points, so when you try to get on the back wheel you have to pedal a fair bit :P But it will be epic when you get single speed :)

I think you've earned a vote.