Rear Disc Setup

Southend Trials

im building up a mod on a budget, but i need some help;

i've been told the bb7's new design is split into two parts, so for trials this isnt good as there is alot more flex in the caliper but the bb5 isnt divided into two parts so there wont be any flex. Im contemplating get a 203mm cable disc but what one should i go for? ive had a bb5 and it was perfect, and i've had a bb7 and it was shocking in comparison to other peoples disc's...

whats peoples opinions? should i just wait and buy a hope mono?

im building up a mod on a budget, but i need some help;

i've been told the bb7's new design is split into two parts, so for trials this isnt good as there is alot more flex in the caliper but the bb5 isnt divided into two parts so there wont be any flex. Im contemplating get a 203mm cable disc but what one should i go for? ive had a bb5 and it was perfect, and i've had a bb7 and it was shocking in comparison to other peoples disc's...

whats peoples opinions? should i just wait and buy a hope mono?

If you've had a good experience with a BB5 and bad with a 7 then go for the BB5. If you find it's not quite up to scratch it should be relatively easy to sell on and go for a hope.

Then go for the bb5, as you already have used it before and liked it so know that your not throwing your money away by buying something that may or may not work as well. You said your building your bike with budget in mind so to me the bb5 makes sence.

i run disc's front and rear as that's what the bike came with. (onza pro 09) but looking into changing. But as a newbe i'm doing some research first before spending any cash. At this stage i'm not that good on the bike to hammer the break's. But a rim brake on the rear seems the way i'm heading

but sod's law is that i set it up wrong aha hmm tough descision im tempted to get a bb5 on the rear..

Then set it up right. They're really really easy.

I dont understand why people run disc brakes for trials riding? I dont think they would last a day on mine front or back and ime not exactly good (or bad which ever way you look at it)

There must be a reason that so many people/pros use dual discs?

i run disc's front and rear as that's what the bike came with. (onza pro 09) but looking into changing.

Standard ones are never gonna be brilliant, spend some real time setting them up, clean the pads and the disc.

yh could never imagen them been great. Set them up pritty good now. There fine for me now but as i progress (hopefully) i'll need to change. Like cable though as there easy to play around with and cheap.