Inspired Top Cap ?

multi tasking male

got some inspired forks not long ago, put them on etc. tightened them up and after 10 mins of riding they had come loose, got a new headset and it still does it, so put some locktight on the threads and cant get it undone but has still somehow managed to loosen its self off :unsure: any idea whats going on ?

chris

you might need a new star nut as i had a similar problem when i tighten my top cap and it comes loose after about 1 min

Inspired forks have a threaded steerer (Y).

As Mark says, headsets can take a little while to bed in. One further point is to make sure that the crown race is fully on the forks and the cups are fully seated in the frame to be sure that it's not them which are settling in when you ride.

Inspired forks have a threaded steerer (Y).

As Mark says, headsets can take a little while to bed in. One further point is to make sure that the crown race is fully on the forks and the cups are fully seated in the frame to be sure that it's not them which are settling in when you ride.

the headset wasnt brand new, it was second hand. would it still have to bed in ?

What did you use to install it?

a good old vice :giggle: but another concern, the top cup came out the frame with ease :huh: and we could push the new cup back in by hand (N) dont think my headtube is flaired as we used the correct tools to take them out and i have noticed that my top cup has actually rotated walst in the frame, whats going on ? i thought it was just the rubbish build quality from diamondback as my hole back end is off centre aswell, i havnt even had a bad bail or hit the back hard :sleeping:

chris