New Member System - Good Or Bad?

Kieran Morrison

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new 'Sin Bin' system?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure as there is no such thing as the 'Sin Bin' system, nor is there a 'New Member' system.

:lol:

I dont have time to reply to all the posts in here, the long and short of it is I think its working pretty bloody well.

The sin bin system isn't in place. It was half implemented (hence the 6 members being in there) but after a few days of being without NMC I didn't see the influx of crap that I was expecting, in fact I was nicely suprised. We've certainly got a few new decent members, and its good that they're not pissed off by the time they get to access the full site. For a while we had a lot of spammers (note: not scammers) signing up, but I put some stuff in place and that appears to have calmed down now. Moderating time has gone down, reports have gone down, emails asking 'why cant i post' are non existent, visitor numbers have gone up.

I do think we need a couple more mods to catch any 'edge cases'.

Keiren, you say there is a load of spam, but I can't see it, nor can I see any reports in the report center from you :mellow:

If you do see spam, report it and it won't be long before it gets removed (Y)

If you need a mod I'd volunteer, spend literally all my time I'm at work on here anyways and days like this when there's nowt going on I could do with something to keep me busy! :lol:

• Like 1