Leeds Festival (And Reading If Your A Lil Bit Batty)

Fish-Finger-er

Boom, thought id stick it in there now, as I wont be home till about 6.45 tomorrow, which is a bit late to be starting crap/reminding people.

Reading and Leeds tickets go on sale tomorrow at 7.15, view this as a reminder, and also who's going this year??

I don't know if I am going yet, line up rumours look a bit weak, (part from the foo fighters)

Also if its anything like previous years, once someone gets into the weekend ticket page for each festival(the bit where you select how many tickets you want)

make sure you copy that url, and once you've got your own tickets, stick the link up here so other people can use it, as the websites front pages will almost certainly crash.

I noticed that this topic was made a few days ago, pretty interesting that there has been absolutely no hype for the festival this year. If this topic was made a couple of years ago there would probably be hundreds of replies.

I used to go to Leeds religiously for about 6 years and then all of a sudden it just got incredibly crap and expensive. I've just had a look at the line up and how it relates to ticket prices... No thanks

Too many emotional people and too much shit music's taken over.

Thing is, a few years ago indie music was actually good, people like Maximo Park and Good Shoes would be on at 1pm and you'd have a whole day of decent artists. The last time we went, bands like that were playing supporting headline slots and all the new stuff in their place was either all 'new ravey', really emo, or just plain shit.

Edited by Max Quinn

yea, safe to say im not going i dont think(as with simpsons logic, last year we did 7 days at mallorca rocks for £230, and you could get all you could drink offers at the top night clubs for between 15 and 25 euros. all you can eat chinese was well under a tenner, compare that to £6 for a burger and £4 a pint)

But yea, it used to be massive, tickets are still available for god sake.

Line up is toss part from the offspring, only issue ive got is a bunch of people want to go back, for one last crack it it(or to kick the dead horse weve flogged for far too long). And so far no one has gone "lets book summer" theyve all been "Well have to see about it"

Line-up for me is quite good compared to last years (saw 3 bands) but none of my friends are going so I dont think I will be working it.

Might try get a Friday ticket close to the event to see Death From Above 1979 and Muse

Edited by CalopS