3Sixty Trials Jam

Jonny Jones

OK, here's a video I've put together of the few clips I got on the Sunday, it was a great weekend! Huge thanks to Ian Drummond and co for all the hard work they put in! Hopefully loads more riders will turn up at the next one, well worth the trip! :)

I also set my GoPro up to do a little timelapse of the Sunday too...

Edited by Jonny Jones

Would be sick if you could get the funding and support to move such a large scale event from place to place.

Well it would be easy to pull that off mate, we've been carting around ramps and trials sections for years, we've toured much larger operations before with our stunt show antics in the past...

The problem is that the trials community just wont support such a project, their just isn't enough interest from riders to cover the costs never mind make any discernible profit... and the attendance figures wouldn't attract the required funding / support either....

I fear that trials is destined to be a spectacle hired in as a feature at events, basically demo teams performing demos.... their just isn't enough interest in bike trials to create a profitable stand alone event / tour / comp etc...

A mixed event tour could be good though, maybe with moto trials and a few other cross over sports.... if the attendance and spectator numbers were high then sponsorship opportunities could make things viable....

Rant and mind vomit over!

Drummond

Edited by Drummond

Well it would be easy to pull that off mate, we've been carting around ramps and trials sections for years, we've toured much larger operations before with our stunt show antics in the past...

The problem is that the trials community just wont support such a project, their just isn't enough interest from riders to cover the costs never mind make any discernible profit... and the attendance figures wouldn't attract the required funding / support either....

I fear that trials is destined to be a spectacle hired in as a feature at events, basically demo teams performing demos.... their just isn't enough interest in bike trials to create a profitable stand alone event / tour / comp etc...

A mixed event tour could be good though, maybe with moto trials and a few other cross over sports.... if the attendance and spectator numbers were high then sponsorship opportunities could make things viable....

Rant and mind vomit over!

Drummond

Well keep up the good work anyway as ive got some project ideas in the works via using the 2012 London Olympics as an opportunity vehicle. So your services will certainly come in use at some point in the future......hopefully sooner than you think...starting this spring/summer free public events.

Well keep up the good work anyway as ive got some project ideas in the works via using the 2012 London Olympics as an opportunity vehicle. So your services will certainly come in use at some point in the future......hopefully sooner than you think...starting this spring/summer free public events.

Sounds interesting, give me a shout anytime to discuss...

Drummond

No probs dude, im already in talks with a Mr Jonathan Dixon who is in charge of coordinating a sports development program to build 5 bmx race clubs within the Greenwich/London borough, so whilst im helping him with various ideas, he's in turn pointing me in the right direction with my ideas for the trials scene ie; parks comp events and so on. Its alot of talk, talk, and more talk with various people/organizations in the know. Basically alot of headache rant to make the simple sh*t happen.

No probs dude, im already in talks with a Mr Jonathan Dixon who is in charge of coordinating a sports development program to build 5 bmx race clubs within the Greenwich/London borough, so whilst im helping him with various ideas, he's in turn pointing me in the right direction with my ideas for the trials scene ie; parks comp events and so on. Its alot of talk, talk, and more talk with various people/organizations in the know. Basically alot of headache rant to make the simple sh*t happen.

Sounds good buddy,

I miss the days when the hardest part of setting up an event was just finding enough mates to fill a field with obstacles! But the red tape is the most limiting factor these days, its all worth it in the end though so keep hacking a way at it!

If you think I can help with anything then just inbox me and I'll do whatever I can....

Drummond

• 2 weeks later...

What editing software did you use for the time lapse?

I use QuickTime Pro to bolt all the photos my GoPro took together. I set the camera to take a photo every 2 seconds - you end up with over 1000 photos. QuickTime lets you export the 'image sequence' as a QuickTime movie. That movie can then be imported into Final Cut Pro where you can do any colour correction etc :)