Zoo Lynx 09 With Chorrillas Disc Protector

Laurence--Trials

Got my new disc protector today so thought i might as well take some pics and give it a little review. Here's the result.

(might not work first time, using the forum gallery for the first time. Fingers crossed.)

Chorrillas Disc Protector Review

First thoughts

I was surprised at the size and weight of it when i first opened the package, at only about 9cm and 26.4g. They look well designed strong, and quite smart in silver. It came with an instruction manual with how to use which i thought was quite good as this is the first part i have seen with one. However, the words were in Spanish.

Attaching, and looks.

It's very easy to attach, and when tightening up the bolt it doesn't slip round and move from the position you put it in like bashrings. Once on the bike I must admit it looked a little strange and maybe out of place?

Protection, strength and fitting.

There is a nice reasonable sized gap between the disc and the protector with the protector over lapping the disc a decent amount too! I went out for a 2 hour ride with the protector missed a few sidehops, and landed on it a cupple of times seems to take hits well and stop those bent discs. I do think the protector is a little flexy once on the bike, but still a good strength to weight ratio! Could be made better though.

Overall Review

I'd give this product an an 8 out of 10 but 10 out of 10 for Chorrillas making it, cirtanly saved me a few quid. I'd defantly recommend it!

Edited by Laurence--Trials

did you put that little bit of metal welded inbetween the seat stay and chain stay your self with the 2 holes in it ? i have a lynx and it doesnt have that :S, bike looks cool though, what bars are you running ?

That would be the disc booster.

The bars are Echo TR, love them, not a bad word about them very light, strong and personly think they look good :)

• 2 weeks later...