Rear Brake Information...

How Original

Well, since realizing my 2008 Commencal Absolut will only take a disc brake on the back, I am riding brake less (not much of a problem right now as the bikes in bits anyway).

And I was just wondering if their is a way of fitting a normal brake on the rear?

Or if not, what is a good rear disc to buy?

Within a budget of about £100-120.

Thanks in advanced for any replies :D

Avid elixr5 from onone.co.uk. I picked up a pair of 185mms recently for half price at £68 each. Brilliant brakes, really can't fault them. Feel nice, easy to setup an just generally work as they should. Impressive straight from the box.

i can personally recommend shimano deore disc brakes ignore the fact they are the cheapest in the line up of shimano but they are brilliant i ran one for years on my downhill bike just changed the pads and bled them every 6months to a year they never put a foot wrong.

ive just had a look on CRC all shimano brakes are very well priced at the moment SLX are on for between 60 and 80 quid. Cant comment on them but its a good price none the less :D and SLX are higher up in the shimano foodchain so should be even better.

hope that helped

Avid elixr5 from onone.co.uk. I picked up a pair of 185mms recently for half price at £68 each. Brilliant brakes, really can't fault them. Feel nice, easy to setup an just generally work as they should. Impressive straight from the box.

OK thanks for that, I will take a look now.

Do they accept PayPal?

i can personally recommend shimano deore disc brakes ignore the fact they are the cheapest in the line up of shimano but they are brilliant i ran one for years on my downhill bike just changed the pads and bled them every 6months to a year they never put a foot wrong.

ive just had a look on CRC all shimano brakes are very well priced at the moment SLX are on for between 60 and 80 quid. Cant comment on them but its a good price none the less :D and SLX are higher up in the shimano foodchain so should be even better.

hope that helped

I always seem to find CRC (presuming thats chain reactions?) to be fairly expensive compared to like Tarty, or eBay shops and stuff, but I will take a gander anyway and see what I can come up with :)

Also, liking that bike in your picture (Phase 1.2?)

I had a 1.3, and really loved it.

they can be expensive at time but they do have the deals on at the moment so they might be that bit cheaper, cheers its a phase 1.2 im really happy with it

Yeah I used to love how my 1.3 rode.

And I believe they are basically the same.

In geo terms...

CRC provides free postage, and are about as cheap as you can get.

Just from my own experience and research, their not that cheap.

But then again I only checked a couple of items so maybe it was just an the off chance.

...provided you don't join the masses of people that get their card details stolen when you buy from them.

Use PayPal if you do go with CRC; stay on the safe side (Y)

I always use PayPal.