The Über Grind

robintrial

What about rain ?

I don't ride in the rain because I'm not a real trials rider.

And Matt, shh about my dodgy brake and painted sidewalls situation :P i promise to sand them down before Saturday!

I don't ride in the rain because I'm not a real trials rider.

And Matt, shh about my dodgy brake and painted sidewalls situation :P i promise to sand them down before Saturday!

I did have my suspicions, can't you just ride brake less in the rain ??

I'm still surprised at quite how phenomenal the standard Avid Rim Wranglers perform on a smooth rim. The only time they weren't seriously sweet was in heavy rain, which made everything else slippy and unpleasant to ride in before it was a major issue anyway.

Solid bite, great hold, and best of all they were silent!

• 2 weeks later...

how do you get a grind to last longer? im grinding my rim once a month every month, and ive had my new wheels only 4 months they were a bit expensive so id like to get a good lifetime out of them. Im using a new disc when grinding, i try get a light/medium sharp grind and i hardly ever drag my brake, am i just riding too often? :P or is it my technique?

how do you get a grind to last longer? im grinding my rim once a month every month, and ive had my new wheels only 4 months they were a bit expensive so id like to get a good lifetime out of them. Im using a new disc when grinding, i try get a light/medium sharp grind and i hardly ever drag my brake, am i just riding too often? :P or is it my technique?

every month sounds like you don't even give the pads time to bed in my grinds last longer than 3months :lol:

i use an old disc and just remove the upper layer also i don't position my disc too high (30°) than let the pads bed in should give a good effect if your set up is right (my set up: 2005 maggies,4finger leverblade,try-all 2bolt booster,tnn belaey's/real coustpads,onza blade '10)

riding to often doesn't exist mate ^_^