Fitness

jaym018

Im at uni so lots of takeaways. And you can tell cos i get out of breath walking up hills now. But im still skinny as hell.

Started eating to suit weights now. Lots of chicken and tuna, pasta, wholemeal bread, peanut butter.

Started on the weights just in my bedroom every other night targeting different areas.

In the waiting list for a place in the Royal Navy, so I'm down the gym as much as I can.

I've found the tredmill to be a godsend for riding, my cardio has improved way more on that than what the XC bike did for me.

Living on a diet of mainly soup, baked potatoes, beans, tuna, fruit and salad. Needed to loose weight for my medical, was 16st 6lbs, now 14st but need to get down to 12st 10lbs for a BMI of 25!!!

I'd like to get fit for riding but its just too damm boring!

So I'm getting another bike instead :D

I might be getting job that I need to cycle 18/19 miles to so I'm sure that will sort my unemployment snacking belly out (Y)

Nothing fitness wise, apart from the odd xc ride now and again, and work can be fairly physical sometimes.

I ride trials at least every other day in the summer though (natural and long rock sections, not hopping up a bench then sitting down)

Diet is good to very good depending on the day.

Trials, Jogging, 5day split targetting every part of my body using dumbbells and a bench, especially focus'ing on the legs, you don't have to train for size, I train my legs for strength rather than mass (low weights, high reps) as the legs release endorthins and a load of testosterone when worked, this is crucial for building any type of muscle.

My diet is utter shit but I manage to get at least 100-150g of protien a day and I keep myself hydrated.

I used to gym a lot - mainly leg and big compound exercises - squats, deadlifts, overhead squats (very very good exercise). Not been going for the last year but I'll go again after uni probably. Definately helps trials though.

The 'tabata' is the ultimate exercise! Especially when done with squats or overhead squats

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_tabata_method

I used to gym a lot - mainly leg and big compound exercises - squats, deadlifts, overhead squats (very very good exercise). Not been going for the last year but I'll go again after uni probably. Definately helps trials though.

The 'tabata' is the ultimate exercise! Especially when done with squats or overhead squats

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_tabata_method

Just had a look at that. Seems interesting. Does it only work for more on the cardio side of things or would it also work with shoulders, chest, biceps etc?

Winter - running, walking, weights, exercise bike, xc mountain biking and trials when weather permits.

Summer - trials and mountain biking as much as possible with running and walking for the not so good weather (like today)

My diet isn't too bad but I do tend to pig out on junk and drink far too much red wine...lost about 3 stone recently so just trying to keep it off!

I always feel guilty when I do trials because I associate exercise with something that I don't particularly enjoy (running/exercise bike) and think I should be doing that. Trials is a pretty good workout, especially if you aren't too good at it.

Just had a look at that. Seems interesting. Does it only work for more on the cardio side of things or would it also work with shoulders, chest, biceps etc?

Its cardio and strength really, absolute killer. You can do it with bench for upper body, most exercises really but its much better with compound exercises - deadlift, bench, squat, front squat...etc

Banana cocktail have all vitamins and microelements that U need. And Protein :rolleyes:

For me best way for all trainings ( gym, runing , trials ) is take 3/4 of 200ml glass of corn flakes, 2 banana and put it to the mixer. Some milk... low calories max energy :lol:

ps. stretching is awesome

In the waiting list for a place in the Royal Navy, so I'm down the gym as much as I can.

I've found the tredmill to be a godsend for riding, my cardio has improved way more on that than what the XC bike did for me.

Living on a diet of mainly soup, baked potatoes, beans, tuna, fruit and salad. Needed to loose weight for my medical, was 16st 6lbs, now 14st but need to get down to 12st 10lbs for a BMI of 25!!!

And a few BBQ burgers ;)

I do MMA training,weight training and sprint training.Just corrected my horrific diet.If you think you're cardio's in check get down an MMA gym and the guys'll have you puking into a bin in no time.

Damon would be a good person to as mainly because he is literally built like a tank.