Mtb Apps

weebryan

Looking for a good app to check my distance/speed/times on mtb have tried my tracks and didnt work great in my bag and lost signal in trees; phone HTC Desire HD is there any other ones that would work and are specific for bikes

I use Cardio Trainer. It's supposed to be for doing proper workouts and stuff but I've used it for both running and on the MTB and it tracks your route, gives speed, distance, time, elevation and stuff which you can save in the history and compare with future rides to see how you're doing. And it's free. Would definitely recommend giving it a go.

I used to have Memory Map on an old Windows Mobile phone. It would basically plot your position on an OS map, draw a track, tell you average speeds/elevation profiles etc - it was really cool. I haven't worked out how to get it so, uh, inexpensively on my iPhone though.

I don't think they have it on Android yet though, however one of my friends showed me a very similar-looking android app which did most of the same things but wasn't quite as refined, but it was legally free apparently. Sorry, I can't remember the name but I expect you ought to be able to google it.