My First Mod Project. Pic Heavy!

Carlperkins

I thought I might as well start the project thread, then ill update as parts come in and progress rolls forward..

basically I had a go on a onza t-pro the other week, although its very heavy, with a low BB and the one i was on was as bent as gary glitter, i thought i'd build a mod just for fun, to muck around on for abit, then maybe sell to a mate of mine who wants to get into trials.

so i started off scouting the forum for a frame and picked up a '09 neon bow with stripped, helicoiled and then re-stripped hs33 mounts..

IMG00403-20110512-1601.jpg

IMG00404-20110512-1601.jpg

IMG00405-20110512-1653.jpg

IMG00406-20110512-1653.jpg

IMG00407-20110512-1757.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

after that i bought some forks, Zoo's ;).

IMG00420-20110515-2321.jpg

IMG00419-20110515-2321.jpg

IMG00418-20110515-2321.jpg

IMG00417-20110515-2321.jpg

IMG00416-20110515-2321.jpg

IMG00415-20110515-2320.jpg

then masterfully decided on a colour scheme, on paint. taking a whole 20 mins to design it.

pimp.jpg

then started to buy bits...

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1024.jpg

after dropping the frame and forks off at the powdercoaters, decided to go mental clicking "add to basket" on tartys.

IMG_1034.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

ive got some other parts on the way and some more to buy, then will update further....

UPDATE #1

got the BB and cranks through, i bought some echo cnc cranks for 25, but had an appiffany! - dont know how to spell that.

i put the echo cranks on my echo 24 and will put the short 160mm try all cranks on the mod. also swapped bash rings.

now on the echo

IMG_1046.jpg

for the mod

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1035.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

rear brake

IMG_1050.jpg

came with this..

IMG_1049.jpg

i changed to this..

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

UPDATE #2

got the frame and forks back..

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

only problem i have now is that my BB tool wont go on the bb far enough to do up the BB..

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

anyont got any ideas? SORTED NOW!

UPDATE #3

the BB got tapped out and put in by a bike shop so i could stick all the drivetrain together..

here's some pics of it out in the sun, in its greeny glory.

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

watch this space...

Edited by Carlperkins

I love the green rim tape on the white rims....maybe down to the fact that that’s what I have on my mod haha. Are you going for a similar green to that of the 2011 Inspired? I can't wait to see it finished, it will most definitely stand out. (Y)

yeah i think the color is kawasaki green, its the brightest green the powdercoaters do. I wanted as close to the 2011 inspired as possible.

SHOULD be picking up the frame on friday afternoon, so by friday night pics will be on the forum and the bike will be a rolling frame.

hopefully BB and cranks should get here tomorrow too, then all I need is a freewheel, chain and brakes.

yeah some lime green pedals would be mint, my budget is depleting very fast at the moment though lol.

in hindsight i should have got white bars i reckon, but hey-ho. it will still stand out! :D

i love the kawasaki green :wub: yeh those bars are not going to match the frame, never mind maybe a swap in the near future white bars would really set it off

yeah, the echo bars match the echo headset kinda, and i have a green onza bashring which matches the bars perfectly, whether i go with the TI halfring or the green bashring i dont know yet.

yeah, the echo bars match the echo headset kinda, and i have a green onza bashring which matches the bars perfectly, whether i go with the TI halfring or the green bashring i dont know yet.

If you go for a Ti bashring, I'll have the green on off you! :)

I remember when this was my frame!

I started on it and I loved it! You get it of "CharlieMod" on the forum?

I can tell it was mine by the postion of the Neon Logo, the paint chips on the headtube from when the headset went in and the loooonnnnggg downtube marks.

Looks like it will be a good bike when done mate!

I really cant beleive its still going lol,

I remember when this was my frame!

I started on it and I loved it! You get it of "CharlieMod" on the forum?

I can tell it was mine by the postion of the Neon Logo, the paint chips on the headtube from when the headset went in and the loooonnnnggg downtube marks.

Looks like it will be a good bike when done mate!

I really cant beleive its still going lol,

yeah man its like 4th hand now isnt it?

it should be god, i hope i dont build it up and it snap! id be gutted!

You can get risers in them stems mate.

i tried with some onzas i had laying around and no dice. got to the bend and got stuck.

Try opening up the clamp with a screw driver a little? Thats how i got my tryall bars in my old monty stem + Ive seen trialtech high rise bars in them 2bolt clamp systems... its not impossible :P

hahaha ok. ill prob change the bars when i get some money, ill give it a go.

Looks like you brought a tatty old frame and spent mental amounds of money buying everything else :giggle:

its not that tatty, 90% of the damage was cosmetic and will disappear when shotblasted. the other 10% is the dings to the chainstay, which i spent ages filing down to be kinda smooth, then ill chuck on a chainstay protector if it will fit, then itll be un-noticable.

the only thing im concerned about is that the frame is 2 years old and has had 4 previous owners, so i dont know if it will crack soon.

anyone know how long a neon bow lasts for? lol.

edit: also i haven't spent that much on it really. the grand total at the moment is 480ish i think. and all i need is a freewheel, chain, front brake lever and cable. maybe 2 new rotors but dunno yet.

considering my echo 24" cost me 1000 im doing pretty well haha.

Edited by Carlperkins

There zoo forks, not urbans man

oh really? i was told they were 20" echo urbans when i bought them,

i thought the top looked weird for urbans! i just thought they were reaaaaally old versions of the urbans.

hey-ho brand makes no difference to me :)

Got the BB alright then mate? Is it ok?

Bike's going to look wicked!

yup all gravy cheers, just need a damn freewheel. want an echo sl but no one is selling one.