Damaged Thread

Pepo09

Would one of these work?

post-28171-0-28292100-1307742093_thumb.j

yes that should work but where can I get that! haha I live in Argentina. All my friends are telling me to ride the bike until the crank gets loose... what do you guys think about this?

Something I,ve done before is:

Boil a kettle full of water, then pour the water over the taper end of the damaged crank arm.

The alloy will expand slightly and alowl you to knock the crank are off with a block of wood / hammer.

Good luck :)

Boil a kettle full of water, then pour the water over the taper end of the damaged crank arm.

The alloy will expand slightly and alowl you to knock the crank are off with a block of wood / hammer.

thanks I'm gonna try that right now

yes that should work but where can I get that!

That's an automotive tool, you should be able to find it in any store which deals with such tools. They're used for removing hubs and bearings.

What almost always works is just undo the crank bolt and ride... the crank will fall off.

Didn't Work :(

That's an automotive tool, you should be able to find it in any store which deals with such tools. They're used for removing hubs and bearings.

What almost always works is just undo the crank bolt and ride... the crank will fall off.

I've tried riding and didn't worked I've tried that tool and didn't even come loose xD

Would one of these work?

post-28171-0-28292100-1307742093_thumb.j

Bearing pullers normally work good. A lot of people in unicycling and a few in BMX used them for getting crazy tight Profile cranks off (which don't have any removal threads).

Otherwise go with what Greetings said about riding. It will come off eventually so long as the crank bolt is off. A bit of WD40 or similar to break the 'seal' should help if it's still being stubborn!