Cube Bikes

rocktrials

Hey guys,

Work have started a Bikes4Work scheme and seems there is some money to be saved if you buy a bike.

I have been checking some out and came across a lot of Irish stores selling Cube.

http://www.theedge-sports.com/acatalog/Hardtail_Mountain_Bikes_Under_1000.html

Any views/opinions would be appreciated :)

http://www.theedge-sports.com/acatalog/info_202000.html

You would have to spend £2k + now to get that spec. Ive been debating a new (full bounce) bike but £2k seems to get you really average spec (slx gears, basic rock shox eg revelation). I can't get excited about Cube bikes. They look more 'race' than 'fun' to me. Depends what you want I guess.

You would have to spend £2k + now to get that spec. Ive been debating a new (full bounce) bike but £2k seems to get you really average spec (slx gears, basic rock shox eg revelation). I can't get excited about Cube bikes. They look more 'race' than 'fun' to me. Depends what you want I guess.

Yeah I know, was looking at them in my LBS the other day, to get one of a similar spec is about £1800 now, luckily I got mine in august when they started reducing them. Mine is a 'race' bike, flat bars and bar ends :P

If you buy direct from Cube you'll be dealing with one of the nicest guys in the industry, without doubt. Dan is a proper foot. I dunno whether he still sells direct but it still amazes me that an entire distribution for this country is run by one person.

• 6 months later...

Reopening as again I'm looking at using the bike2work sceheme (did buy a bike but it was a roadie and not very good for the roads round here :D)

Let's take a look at possibilities and give me some suggestions:

Cube Analog 2012 €579.99

Cube Aim 2012 Disc €579.99

Voodoo Hoodoo Disc €562.49

Felt Q520 Disc €510

Scott Aspect Disc €593

the hoodoo is shit, if you want a voodoo the bokor would be the only choice (in my eyes at least). i'm a halfords lackey and the current reduction on the bokor is silly (£150 off rrp) if it's out of your budget then you will probably want something else, but if i was buying a voodoo it'd have to be the bokor, it's got sliding dropouts a proper freehub (it's peddle-hop-able) and it's a nice solid bike...