Help On Up To Fronts?

cunny12345

Watch videos of Damon Watson, Bolvel Pavosifsfs (I can't spell his name...) Except for kick harder, lean over the front more and commit I can't think of any other advice. I think that this move is purely about commitment just because they're harder to bail from then other back wheel moves, just get confident on the front wheel more.

Watch videos of Damon Watson, Bolvel Pavosifsfs (I can't spell his name...) Except for kick harder, lean over the front more and commit I can't think of any other advice. I think that this move is purely about commitment just because they're harder to bail from then other back wheel moves, just get confident on the front wheel more.

Do you mean Borisvich Pavel?(probably not spelt right either)

The big problem with up to fronts is if your front wheel doesn't get over the ledge you are screwed for 2 reasons

1) your body weight is far forward

2) you will flip over the bars and hammer your face into the ledge

One trick that really helps learning them is to hit it on an angle, this way if you mess up you don't risk getting hurt badly and what is better than that is if you can do a small spin like a 45 while hitting it straight on. This also makes it a million times less scary and will allow you to nose pick over the object if you want to. For going super high I am not sure if its better to hit it staight on or not I am not an expert at it.

Land the front wheel right on the corner so that you pivot around it, which rolls you up on top just enough to switch through - and leeeeaaaaan foooorwaaaaards. When you're over the bars enough you feel like you're gonna tip over, you're almost far enough ;)

The big problem with up to fronts is if your front wheel doesn't get over the ledge you are screwed for 2 reasons

1) your body weight is far forward

2) you will flip over the bars and hammer your face into the ledge

Land the front wheel right on the corner so that you pivot around it, which rolls you up on top just enough to switch through - and leeeeaaaaan foooorwaaaaards. When you're over the bars enough you feel like you're gonna tip over, you're almost far enough ;)

Great... Now I'm not looking forward to practising to do wheel swaps up high stuff. :ermm: