Considering Getting A Trial Bike :)

ging3rTAY

Hey im new here and i wanna start trial riding, considering getting a MAD phase 1.2, is this a good starters bike?

do you have to have a specific size for you?

how easy is the sport when you are just starting out, like getting to know the basics?

thanks, tay :)

I'd say they are decent beginner bikes, but if you are a quick learner you might want something with a higher spec. I've got the 1.1, it's ok but pretty soon after getting it I wanted to upgrade most of the parts on it. See if you can find something second hand that beats the spec of a new 1.2. Look around here, pinkbike, maybe even ebay. Failing that there's nothing wrong with getting a 1.2.

As for size, it's difficult to tell without being able to try the different sizes of bikes yourself, this link may help you decide: biketrials: stockVSmod

Some of the 'basics' can be hard to learn. I'm still learning some of the basics after almost two months of riding. It depends on what you call the 'basics' though. Looking through the basics section on trashzen there are some moves that I would call advanced. There's plenty to work on though so it doesn't get boring. (Y)

• Like 1