Just Bought Onza Zoot- Problems

Floydian

Recently bought an onza zoot online, new. So the bike came and I set it up, tightened everything and went out for a shot, everything was fine. Took it out about a week later and my chain became really loose when I was riding. So I took the bike home, tightened everything up and went back out, when I went to kick onto the back wheel one of my chain tensioners snapped clean off. So I took the other one off and re tightened the wheel without them. Now I can cycle the bike flat, but every time I go to kick onto the back wheel or put too much pressure on the chain it simply pulls my back wheel forward with a loud ping.

It only pulls the chain side forward too, the left hand nut stays in strong.

I'm pretty upset about the fact I can't get out on it after two days so any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much.

-John Brown

It's new chain tug time I think. I have heard that the Onza ones aren't brilliant. I recommend these; http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/chain_tugs/gusset_kojak_chain_tugs_pair/c8p170.html .

Yeah im going to buy them this week, I can fore see the same thing happening again though as (I dunno if im right or not) they aren't essential are they? shouldnt i still be able to ride without them. thank you for the reply. I know its not much to waste, it would just frustrate me if it were to happen again haha.

Yeah im going to buy them this week, I can fore see the same thing happening again though as (I dunno if im right or not) they aren't essential are they? shouldnt i still be able to ride without them. thank you for the reply. I know its not much to waste, it would just frustrate me if it were to happen again haha.

Those ones are much tougher then the Onza ones, so you should be fine with them.

just a pic of the rear end, so the bk wheel, axel and chain etc, because once the chain did go loose, thats because the wheel was slipping forward, but

i just had a play around with it and its ok now, to be honest I dont know how I sorted it but I did lool

Just interesting what yours is doing atm

just a pic of the rear end, so the bk wheel, axel and chain etc, because once the chain did go loose, thats because the wheel was slipping forward, but

i just had a play around with it and its ok now, to be honest I dont know how I sorted it but I did lool

Just interesting what yours is doing atm

I'll get a picture up tomorrow, hopefully it is just the tensioner. but as i say its not just slipping forward a little bit its a loud ping and the nut that holds the wheel in place slams forward as far as it can go on the frame. I know very little about bikes so really have no clue what the issue is haha

once out riding in londoon and got a puncture, so got the new intertube in

but when I got it back together, the tensioner I didnt set up rite, theres 2 small brakets, that either side that pull the axel evenly

I had them the wrong way round and thats what the problem was

so yh just give us a pic

Sorted! Clearly a much higher quality one. Been out today, done a little drop and just practicing hopping on the back wheel. Going for a couple of pints now then back on for another hour or so! Great fun this is, shame no one else in my area does it.

Haha Buzzcocks, what a reputation for Cramlington. Yeah probably do mate, its nothing special to ride got to be honest. Im gonna have a look at Dynamix Skatepark in Gateshead on Sunday morning though if you fancy it?

PM me :)

Edited by mrlynch