Improving Onza Zoot Braking

crashbanggg

Having just brought an Onza Zoot and having a few rides, I now realise the rear brake is wank.

What would be the cheapest/ best way to make it reliable? Im assuming the initial changes that are needed are new pads (Which ones?) and a booster. Would this be enough to reduce the amount of time I spend on my arse?

I used heatsink yellows on my vee and they were brilliant if you took the time to set them up square, the inspired pads and onza ice pro's are supposed to be really good for the money aswell.

It's worth giving your rim a good clean with some methylated spirits or just warm soapy water, if it's a smooth rim dirt really won't help.

Oh, and buy a pimp carbon booster

I used heatsink yellows on my vee and they were brilliant if you took the time to set them up square, the inspired pads and onza ice pro's are supposed to be really good for the money aswell.

It's worth giving your rim a good clean with some methylated spirits or just warm soapy water, if it's a smooth rim dirt really won't help.

Oh, and buy a pimp carbon booster

Yeah, Heatsinks sound like a good shout, they were mint on my HS33! And as much as id like a 'pimp carbon booster' I can't justify £25 on one :P

Having just brought an Onza Zoot and having a few rides, I now realise the rear brake is wank.

What would be the cheapest/ best way to make it reliable? Im assuming the initial changes that are needed are new pads (Which ones?) and a booster. Would this be enough to reduce the amount of time I spend on my arse?

Booster, grind and pads for a grind.

No it´s not.

So when you have V's on the bike, suddenly the frame gets stronger?

The frame flexes more due HS33's are stronger than those flimsy V's. Use some more muscle when using the V's and suddenly the frame is flexing more too.

Oh, hold on! That does mean that the original V's are as good as HS33's but only if you use some more strength!

But then again, I'd rather have brakes which doesn't require me to have cat-like reactions combined with daily finger strength exercises. I've ridden both of those and you can't compare the V's to the HS33 on the same day. I'm sure you have too, considering your strong opinion about this.

I'm not debating about the strength of Zoot's frame as we all know that it is not the strongest there is, I'm debating about the sudden stiffness gained only by using V's instead of HS33's.