Removing Headset Cups

Darren k;)

Either gently tap around the edges with a screwdriver until it pops out, or if you're feeling handy: make a washer that is exactly the size of the internal diameter of the headtube, grind 2 flats on opposite edges (to allow it to pass through the cup), drop it down into the headtube so it sits ontop of the cup and whack it with a long thing and a hammer. (Well it makes sense to me, anyway!)

I wouldn't buy it, unless you are trying to save the headset. You won't damage your frame as long as you hammer it out somewhat evenly. To put it in I just use a 2X4 and hammer the 2X4 to cushion the new headset in. Then just bunny hop a few times and its in solid. Usually you won't damage the headset nearly enough to not be able to reuse it, its usually just esthetic damage and its on the inside part where you can't see anyways. I use a profile bb spindle as a headset remover hammer. works miracles. A headset remover is more of a bike shop tool IMO. I have never damaged a headset removing it except the echo sl headset cause the cups are so thin.