Side Hops

trialskidy

before trying to do sidehop from rear wheel, try to get your movements on rear wheel dialed. Try to pedalkick on flat ground and backhop in one place and maybe to 360 degrees turn on rear wheel. By that you'll get your rearwheel balance better and then you can maybe to sidehop from rear wheel easier.. It's all in the basics!

You can't just go off and try the big moves first, getting balance on the back wheel is essential if you're wanting to do a sidehop, from the rear wheel.

Once you've learnt that then you'll have to learn to pre load while on your back wheel. Lowering your arse and making sure your arms are out while pre loading is the key to getting enough power, then there's tucking that you need to get right.

Check out TrashZen if you want any more help

before trying to do sidehop from rear wheel, try to get your movements on rear wheel dialed. Try to pedalkick on flat ground and backhop in one place and maybe to 360 degrees turn on rear wheel. By that you'll get your rearwheel balance better and then you can maybe to sidehop from rear wheel easier.. It's all in the basics!

I can allready do all that jaz...

Hey,

I find that if you go straight from 2 wheels you don't have as much momentum to jump as high. So I can go bigger going off the back wheel.. I start off getting my balance on both wheels parallel to the ledge I'm aiming for, once your ready, I do a quick back hop to get me on the back wheel then quickly let my front end drop (almost to the floor again if I'm going really big), crouch as low as I can over the back wheel stretching my arms slightly ready to jump. As You jump and kick, release the back brake slightly as you do, and jump as high as possible pulling the bars towards you and leaning to the side. Once your front tyre is over the ledge, push the bars forward holding your front bake while bending your knees so the back wheel can then follow your bum up, and hopefully onto the ledge as well.. Once you've got that and you wanna go even bigger, you'll start needing to put your back wheel to the side of your bum once your on top of the ledge so it doesn't get in the way. Otherwise you'll be wanting to go higher than your back wheel will let you, and it'll end up hitting your bum, and you'll probably fall off because it won't lift high enough..

Bit of a rant, but hope it helps!

Rick

Hey dude.

Follow everybody else's advice and keep trying the move- again and again and again. Maybe half an hour each time you ride. I used to be exactly the same as you until finally the action clicked and I could do it. I learnt gaps to front before being able to side-hop from the rear wheel. In the end I found that I could use the technique from gaps to front and slowly turn my front wheel away from the object turning it into a side-hop if you get me. Trust me though keep at this move as it can be very fun once dialled (Y) . Hope this makes Sense.

• 4 weeks later...