Whats Better Onza Bade Or Echo Lite

trials-tech101

Ive pretty much had the blade frame for the last year and a half.

Admittedly, ive cracked it twice though. (im not exactly a light/smooth rider though!)

And there is alot of frame flex unless you run a booster.

The geo's nice, light frame and fairly cheap.

I haven't ridden an Echo lite, but they defiantly seem popular, and i love the press fit bb idea.

from a guy who has an onza blade 2010 and an echo lite 2011 the echo rides much better simple

I've ridden a couple of blades and like them (in fact i want one).

yes they flex like hell at both the BB under power and at the brake but consider this...

A blade frame can be bought for £160 BNIB with 6 months warranty. crack it within 6 months and you get another.

but the blade is half the lites price so you could buy another blade 4 £160 and by repeating the process it means you'd have 4 frames for the price of effectively 2 echo lites and you would have to be a better rider to crack/snap a lite because it's a better quality frame.

It's all hyperthetical and I doubt anyone would want 4 of the same frames one after the other but it's a thought isn't it???

Both are very nice since they are very similar in geometry.

I'd say the decision is simple... if you're struggling for cash, get the Blade.

If you've got money to spare, and/or want;

1) That extra bit of reassurance in strength,

2) Ever-so-slightly nicer for TGSish riding, or

3) What I personally think is a nicer looking bike,

get the Echo.

NB: When I say "a bit extra strength", it's not as if the Blades are made of papier maché. They're reasonably reliable - the Echo is just a little more so*.

I'd say I preferred the Echo, ridewise - but that's most likely 'cause it was mine and what I was used to, rather then pilfering a go on someone else's Blade every now and then.

*Brakeless excluded.