Still Going Strong

monkeyseemonkeydo

"Still going strong"?! Pah, it's quite clearly falling apart from the state of it in those pictures, Dave. Send it down and I'll save you the horror of having to be on it when it finally gives way (which will be very soon of course...)

Haha, I know I know! I guess a more appropriate title would be along the lines of 'just checking in'... The old Mk1 was 'still going strong' after about 3 years of abuse- I think this bike will probably outlive my ability to physically ride to be honest!

Joys of being so good and so smooth Dave, you have never fallen off or hit anything hard enuff to brake your bike in all the times I have riden with you. The frames are so strong like BMX frames being as smooth as you are, if you keep that set up I do believe it would out live you.

Is there a functional reason that you run your rotors the opposite way then advised?

How does the Hope perform as a rear brake?

Aha... yeah... I'd never even noticed!! :$ Good point, well made!

The Hope (even with the rotor the wrong way round) works really well on the back. With the 180mm rotors the front is almost too powerful sometimes compared to what I used to run but the rear is spot on- plenty of modulation for manuals but full on bite when you need it.

*scurries off to the garage to switch the rotors round*

:)

Yeah i've got a 180 on the front of my Inspired and just love dual disc. I appreciate why Maguras are good for trials but i ride all sorts of bikes and just like the set-up of dual discs and think one on the back of my Inspired would compliment my riding much more than a HS33.

If anything is it actually worth having the back disc on the wrong way to help prevent the rear wheel slipping from backward forces? Or is that just a ridiculous idea?