Bionic B5R 20" Bb Rise Questions?

Stevie

Hi guys,

I havn't rode trials for a year or so and I sold my bike when I stopped riding and am now thinking of building a bike back up :)

I like the look of the bionic B5r on trialsparts.net but I havn't really heard much about them and i'm worried about the +90 bb rise. Im used to riding a Zoo Lynx which is only +65, not sure what i'm trying to ask here but need a bit of help understanding what the difference would be.

Would it ride VERY different? Does it have it's upsides/downsides to the high bb? Am I still going to be able to do what i could on my Zoo on such a different rise?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks in advance :)

Stevie

first off zoo lynx 09s have 55 bb rise..

BB rise makes the bike feel nicer on the rear wheel and less nice on two wheels (hence why MTBs and road bikes etc have low BB like -30 or lower???) 90 is pushing it a bit, i ride a 24 because trial which is ment to have 70BB but instead it has 82 which is a bit much in my opinion.. (f**k knows HOW its got that high? its ment to be +65 with the fork i'm running) it makes it feel sooo sketchy on two wheels which isn't nice. It also makes it worse for bunny hops.. (and pedal kicks????)

It all depends on what type of riding your doing, for benito / abel who are top comp riders they need a high BB rise because the spend alot of time on the rear, but for someone who rides street you'll probally want a lower BB 80ish maximum on mod (thats what i'd say)you'd also want a higher BB if you were riding natural..

If your bike has a higher BB it makes the reach less so to counter that you need a longer stem especially if your a lanky shit ;)

I would have to agree with most of what Laurence--Trials has said, saying that i have a bionic b5r, check the bike shed u should see sum piccies, i went from a ICE which had a +70BB rise then moved to the b5r, i didnt no what to expect but jus went 4 it, and i dont regret it, yeah it felt a lil weird at first on 2 wheels, but as a trials rider i seem to spend quite a lot of time on the back wheel and ive gotta say the bike does feel amazing on the back wheel. I would go for it, great value frame and it rides really nice. (Y)

+95?? hold on a sec... well first off I owned one and it was +65 Look right here. totally different bb rise... same frame

http://www.biketrialseller.com/product/571

My because simpie had a +65 and the bionic frame is lower than that one. People can't measure geo hahaha. Actually measure your bottom bracket height, I never ever use stated geometry. The bb is really normal height on the bionic b5r. So I would say no it won't effect your riding. However bb height does a trade off basically... you trade power for control. A low bb is better control, a high bb you can transfer more power into moves. You can always balance a high bb with high bars. So the only difference in the end is your center of gravity is higher. I would say balance is the key, get one with a normal height.

Would it ride VERY different?

In a word - yes.

I went on a Matt Pengelly's bike in Bristol, and I'm pretty sure that was +90.

I was accustomed to +70 at the time, been riding it for a while, and even that seemed outrageous.

Sure you'd get used to it - but if you go for it, expect it to feel VERY weird to start with.