New Rockman Austin Dual Disc 2012

G_!

so 300quids more...Smart move,rockman,bravo.

Which means it's still cheaper than a comparable bike like the Echo Lite SL, but with a way better spec? The brakes are the only thing I'd really want to change on this bike - everything else is pretty much top end (hence it weighing 8.22kg as a standard build).

The Austin's also going to be available frame only. It's basically a cheaper Manus - the frame's very similar, but - for example - has cheaper dropouts instead of the more expensive tiny ones on the Manus/Akali/etc.

The user reviews at the bottom make them sound a little more powerful though, in fairness. Two two people who actually used them and bedded them in seemed to get on with them (the two 1 star reviews were on a demo bike and someone who bolted them on then took them off again...).

The user reviews at the bottom make them sound a little more powerful though, in fairness. Two two people who actually used them and bedded them in seemed to get on with them (the two 1 star reviews were on a demo bike and someone who bolted them on then took them off again...).

Do you know when tarty will be stocking the frames and for how much?

Which means it's still cheaper than a comparable bike like the Echo Lite SL, but with a way better spec? The brakes are the only thing I'd really want to change on this bike - everything else is pretty much top end (hence it weighing 8.22kg as a standard build).

The Austin's also going to be available frame only. It's basically a cheaper Manus - the frame's very similar, but - for example - has cheaper dropouts instead of the more expensive tiny ones on the Manus/Akali/etc.

I know what you mean,but you still have to pay for brakes which you won´t be able to use for trials riding,so what´s the point of selling bike like this with part that neccessarily must be taken off right after buying it?

I know what you mean,but you still have to pay for brakes which you won´t be able to use for trials riding,so what´s the point of selling bike like this with part that neccessarily must be taken off right after buying it?

Because Rockman probably got a great price on these brakes, and they looks a bit like shimano saints. At first glance I thought they were, so probably looks/price rather than because they are good for trials!

Because Rockman probably got a great price on these brakes, and they looks a bit like shimano saints. At first glance I thought they were, so probably looks/price rather than because they are good for trials!

They dont really look like saints... They look like formula the one brakes

Shimano_saint_servo_brake_lever_s.jpg

1286359160011-1kvm1pd7pst7x-399-75.jpg

Formula brake:

1276702444703-6dybcl8jimcm_600.jpg

There's nothing to say you can't use them. Onzas come with quite low-standard brakes (i know you can't really compare the builds) and they're used effectively with very little trouble by a lot of people without upgrade.

Decent bikes cost a lot of cash. It's a bargain for under a grand as it is.