Knee Issues

MikeCottTrials

Basically last Wednesday I woke up with a slightly strange feeling knee, since

then it got slowly worse until about Saturday when it hit maximum weirdness. As

of then it's remained the same, possibly slightly better.

The symptoms are swelling and loss of full range of motion, no pain at all however.

There is however a slight blip, I did go out on Thursday night and cannot exactly remember

whether it was wednesday or thursday that the pain began...so it's possible I hurt myself

and have no memory of doing so.

I'm going to the doctor tomorrow, but if anyone has experienced anything similar, please share

My sister had a similar thing. Knee swelled up loads, pretty painful. It turned out to be a benign tumour. Had it whipped out, and have a tube left in to let the fluid escape.

Not saying this is what you have, but an experience of something similar. You probably just knocked it.

Either way, see a GP.

my left knee is fooked, am off for surgery in the new year, according to the mri scan all the cartilage is wearing away to the point where bone is grinding on bone, and there is a piece floating round behind my kneecap. feels like someone is sticking a knife in and twisting it round. support and bandages to stop me twisting it help, but riding trials makes it worse. looking at at least a 3 month lay off the bike, then should be ok in time for the start of the trials cup :)

Sounds like what I did last month. I had this thing called a bony spur, which is just like a calcium deposit. Woke up one morning and I could barely move my knee without screaming with pain. Got an X-ray and they explained it all. It went away after a week or two....