Shooters On The Forum

josh barker

after seeing this thread I decided to dig out the old shooting stick, being left to its own devices for a long while i tried giving it some air from the dive bottle and it leaked like a popped balloon!

any body on here stripped down their pre-charge rifle and give it some new internals?

its an axsor gemini bolt action 2 shot .22 carbine, anybody had one of these? i've yet to see another.

That'll need to go back to Webley, Nice air rifle but the Axsors used to leak all the time.

IF you can do it yourself then I would, as Webley charge extortionate rates these days.

You sure the O rings on the probe weren't knackered, this would sound like a leak?

That'll need to go back to Webley, Nice air rifle but the Axsors used to leak all the time.

IF you can do it yourself then I would, as Webley charge extortionate rates these days.

You sure the O rings on the probe weren't knackered, this would sound like a leak?

to be fair it was working fine 'till it was left for ages, webley? didn't they go belly up years ago? or was that BSA? I thought axsor were a subsiduary of logun, or they shared patents (that were part of the design of the gemini). plus it says made in sweeden on the bolt housing and webley is british isnt it? when I tried filling it it was leaking all over i'm guessing the seals have perished, the seals on the filler adapter thing are all good. think a trip to local gunsmiths will be best idea don't have clue on year either i've had it like 8 years now and bought it used.

to be fair it was working fine 'till it was left for ages, webley? didn't they go belly up years ago? or was that BSA? I thought axsor were a subsiduary of logun, or they shared patents (that were part of the design of the gemini). plus it says made in sweeden on the bolt housing and webley is british isnt it? when I tried filling it it was leaking all over i'm guessing the seals have perished, the seals on the filler adapter thing are all good. think a trip to local gunsmiths will be best idea don't have clue on year either i've had it like 8 years now and bought it used.

Webley were bought out by another company, but kept the same name but stuck "International" on the end.

Webley own Logun, which is why you'll find Webley Axsors as well as Logun branded Axsors.

Not been in the trade for nearly a year now, so anything could have happened!

On the Sweden thing, I think the action was designed by the company that design and make FX air rifles, not 100% though.

Edited by Luke Dunstan

• 3 weeks later...

Just seen this thread and thought i would add my air rifle to the mix.

Got a few rifles between my brother, dad and cousins but i've got a break barrel SMK supergrade XS19-18 Fibre Optic.

As far as im aware its about the legal limit for air rifle power without a gun license so pretty happy with it for £100. Quite often go out hunting with my bro and cousins for squirells, pigeons, crows and rabbits. Have had quite a lot of success with the tree-rats and also got about 5 rabbits last summer but none since. Pigeons are what i want to try and get more of now due to there being quite a lot about in the trees at my grand parents fields but so far only got 2. Seem to be impossible to see when they're right in front of us =(. Recently got a decoy pigeon (haha) and gonna try setting that out in the late afternoon and "Camping" for them to land instead of out usual stalking. Any other good methods?

Also anyone know of a reasonably priced multi-shot CO2 rifle?

Jack

Also anyone know of a reasonably priced multi-shot CO2 rifle?

They're all reasonably priced as they're all shite. You will never find one that shoots at 12ft/lbs consistently.

As for the SMK, I would go for regular power tests as they are prone to losing power which is okay if you're shooting targets but as you're shooting rabbits & pigeons it would be cruel to shoot at them with a rifle that is underpowered.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...