Shooters On The Forum

josh barker

well theres topics about guitars, cars, pets etc....

thought this topic "could" take off?

so what sort of gun do you have (air rifle/shotgun etc...)

do you go hunting, field targets?

i own a weihrauch hw77k underleaver rifle that has been v mach tuned, usually go hunting and do targets in the garden with it.

when the shooting show is at newark showground in feb, i should be getting a pre charged weihrauch hw100 kt

316403_2233973097311_1487445717_32012256_199643096_n.jpg

317510_2233973217314_1487445717_32012257_2017239332_n.jpg

Josh (Y) .

Me and my cousin have a few air rifle between us. Have no idea what they are exactly but I know that one of mine is meant to be the business and certainly seems it. Got it from a lad in the army. Usually just shoot pigeons on my cousins farm to stop them from eating all the cow feed.

looks neat that does, been reading about the new fx verminator mk2, what method of charging it do you do? pump or divers tank?

yea, FX rifles are awesome, to be fair i wish id got the verminator, but i shot them both and the wooden stocked royale just felt awesome, in reality its still an awesome gun, but not as versatile as a verminator, and it doesnt do anything better than it,other than shooting at ranges past what youd consider killing stuff at (i.e 35+ metres) and if your shooting targets, its really your skill your trying to improve.

divers tank, i take it youve never used a pump... honestly, they are the biggest waste of time ever, takes about 5 minutes of pumping to fill my old bsa ultra from like 120 bar to 200 bar, which is about 45 shots, if your shooting targets youll spend more time pumping than you would shooting. for hunting its a different matter, but then if your only hunting, buying a 7 litre cylinder, and getting it refilled 4.5 years in means you'll be paying the same price as a pump for 10 years of shooting and no pumping.

with a buddy bottle rifle, itll take about 45 minutes of pumping to fill the tank, and thats sweat inducing, heart attack causing pumping. as opposed to 10 seconds of opening a valve. to me its a no brainer, if you use a gun enough to worry about the cost of refilling the cylinder(which is daft, it costs me £1 in air to use £3 of pellets, so its cheap as fook) then you use a gun too much to bother pumping like a madman.

not to mention the german guns have issues if you let the pressure drop too low of the valve sticking open, and dumping all the air, and the only way to reseat the valve is to blast air in there real quick,which you just cant do with a pump.

one tip, dont bother with a 1.5 or 3 litre cylinder, get a 7/10/12 etc, the cost of air most places is £3-£4 a fill, regardless of cylinder size. you wont want to carry a 3 litre cylinder far, as there still mad heavy(dont think youd put in a backpack and take it with you), the bigger cylinders also stand up, so are easier to fill the gun on your own, and also easier to store.

• Like 1

IMAG0199.jpg

I'm not going to lie, I know very little about guns, even the ones shown above. I've no idea why they happen to be stored in my room.

We have only used them for a little target practice.

I used to be part of a local rifle club, it just involved weekly target practice.

i`ve got a weihrauch hw97k, with a nikko sterlink 6x16x50 scope on it. use it mainly for hft, and few little comps. puts out 11.5 ft lb consistently, and is very accurate.

thats what power my 77k is pumping out, the 97 must be the best looking underleaver ever!

hmm okay cheers, just wondering for when i get a hw100 or daystate huntsman classic

if i can get hold of a bottle cheep enough then i will get one but otherwise will just get a hills pump with a drypac

youll get a bottle as cheap as a pump with a drypac, also forget the drypac, being what it is, needs replacing on the regular, otherwise you may as well not have it.

just checked, a hills pump with a drypac is £149, a 7 litre bottle is £159 with gauge and 18 inch lead.

daystate everytime given the choice(i really wanted an airwolf, but was just too much cash), HW100's are super nice(borrowed with a view to buying a hw100k) but they are really heavy.

im quite intrigued by an FX independance.

if im fully honest if i was going to get a multishot, none buddy bottle carbine for around the £800 mark, id either be gettin an FX typhoon carbine with a walnut stock(and spending £40 on a weihrauch silencer) or possibly an s510.

if your going second hand, just get on airgunbbs, and pounce on a bargain, i had an s200, with a 3 litre cylinder( 1 years test left), some cheap chinese 4-16 adjustable px scope, 2 tins of pellets and a bag for £170 last year off uk falconry forum. I ended up letting it go to a mate for £170 minus about 200 pellets after a week or so of having it, but could of quite easily split it all, and ended up with an s200 for about £30.

hmm okay cheers, just wondering for when i get a hw100 or daystate huntsman classic

if i can get hold of a bottle cheep enough then i will get one but otherwise will just get a hills pump with a drypac

get a hw100. i used to have one with a walnut stock and it was the best gun i`ve ever used, bar an air arms EV2.

may sound a bit silly but what would be better when i get my next gun, .22 or .177 , mostly hunting i do?

depends really, supposedly a.177 will have a flatter trajectory,and is therefore more accurate, but at ranges where youd be shooting live stuff(30m or so) then it dont matter a fook. .22 hits harder, but a .177 penetrates further.

im a .22 man, when i use my gun in barns ratting etc, its nice knowing that im not going to shoot right through something and stick a hole in an asbestos roof. other thing is a smaller pellet is harder to load in the mag with cold hands/wearing gloves.

if you wanted to go FAC and turn up the power(noticing how this a is a shotgun thread too, im assuming you may have an interest in shotguns so may already have a gun safe, and be well in with your local firearms officer) obviously having a .22 makes things easier, as a little 9 grain .177 pellet wont like 35 ft/lbs behind it.

• 1 month later...

anybody interested in buying a bsa lightning carbine .177 breakbarrel with silencer and simmons 3-9x40 scope offers oin this rifle.

or a weihrauch hw77k .22 with a silencer and hawke sport 3-9x40 high definition scope, v mach tuned as well but still legal and a bag (sling) for it £350

will chuck in pellets for them too, rws superdomes

both guns are completely legal, no fire arms certificate are required, these rifles are under 12 foot pound of power

I have a Weihrauch HW97K, fair few years old and probably only used 4 times a year! Also have some old BSA thing stuffed under the bed.

There is a shooting club down the road which I have started visiting a little bit more now, I pay £25 for 50 clays and tuition. I keep going back for the taster days because they are cheap :lol:

Would love to do it a bit more but money and time are the main factors really!

i`ve got a weihrauch hw97k, with a nikko sterlink 6x16x50 scope on it. use it mainly for hft, and few little comps. puts out 11.5 ft lb consistently, and is very accurate.

Just noticed that's the same as mine!

Hasn't there been a MKII released now? mines from about 2004 :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

after seeing this thread I decided to dig out the old shooting stick, being left to its own devices for a long while i tried giving it some air from the dive bottle and it leaked like a popped balloon!

any body on here stripped down their pre-charge rifle and give it some new internals?

its an axsor gemini bolt action 2 shot .22 carbine, anybody had one of these? i've yet to see another.

after seeing this thread I decided to dig out the old shooting stick, being left to its own devices for a long while i tried giving it some air from the dive bottle and it leaked like a popped balloon!

any body on here stripped down their pre-charge rifle and give it some new internals?

its an axsor gemini bolt action 2 shot .22 carbine, anybody had one of these? i've yet to see another.

have you checked for some video tutorials or step by step guides? new seal kits or really cheap (Y)

got any pics dude?

• 2 weeks later...