Best Rotor For Rear Bb7

Monkman

I'd stick to an Avid disk over an aftermarket disk, any of these would do the job.

I've used both the 185mm G2 rotor and the 185mm G3 rotor with my BB7's and they work well :)

Avid G2:

15263.jpg

Avid G3:

31677.jpg

Edit: Avoid any of the 'floating disks' in my link, they are generally no good for trials.

Edited by cai

• 4 months later...

It's a disc with a seperate centre that it is bolted to allowing it to move slightly. Couldn't explain the pros and cons as I don't know them though I've used one fitted to the front of a trials bike with a BB7 and it was superb.

Floating_disc.jpg

Edited by isitafox

Aztec Rotors are beastly, more holes also means more chance of breaking so be careful with which you pick. I literally used to land on my Aztec rotor before and not a thing happened to it, didn't even bend!

Wave%20Disc%20Rotor%20184%20mm-399-75.jpg

Edited by Jamie_Trials

Standard 185mm avid rotor has worked fine for me. Also running some good aftermarket pads and a good inner and outer brake cable can soon change the performance of the brake. Also different levers makes an improvement too i find the xtr lever more comfortable and responsive compared to a avid lever.

Also different people will give of different reviews/experience of tryed set ups. So it can often be the case of a hit or miss bit like the differences of tnn lgm pads n heatsink yellows when some people can get them working awesome or even poop.

Andy

Edited by Andeee