Magura 04 Lever Body Internals

old'scoolfool

Got my hands on a NOS set of 04 mags but the front needs assembling and looking at the rear theres something in the lever body that's left hollow on the front and looking at the spare parts manual theres no mention of it or product part number

does anyone know what i'm referring too? pretty sure it's simple and i'm just not seeing it lol

post-29678-0-48281300-1327413737_thumb.j

post-29678-0-72327500-1327413746_thumb.j

Got my hands on a NOS set of 04 mags but the front needs assembling and looking at the rear theres something in the lever body that's left hollow on the front and looking at the spare parts manual theres no mention of it or product part number

does anyone know what i'm referring too? pretty sure it's simple and i'm just not seeing it lol

Can you get any pics? Infinitely easier as always (Y)

• Like 1

Pretty sure that's straight onto the piston, although I haven't got one to hand and last took it apart a couple of years back. You should just need a piston and spring by the looks of it. I'm sure someone who knows for sure will come along and say so though.

ah christ yeah your right theres no product number for them so god knows where i'll get one

thanks alot for the help

Not sure if the pistons are the same for 04 and onwards, but Tarty sell them as a kit with the spring. Obviously they're shut for a bit, but it'd be worth looking on the site anyway. No worries either way (Y)

Had the same problem, Jim seemed to know about it. But it's just a spring and finding anyone with this part seem's to be quite hard. We just bought a lever and took the spring out of that. But could you not make a bodge by measuring the hole the spring sit's in and finding a spring to accommodate?

Im pretty sure Ive got an old quicksilver maggie lever (96-98 vintage I believe) that has cracked around the pivot bolt, as far as I know the internals are all present and correct. You can have it for postage costs :)

IIRC all there is in the old hs33 maggies is the piston, an o-ring, a lip seal and the return spring.

edit: Just noticed the red arrow on your photo, I think that's just a rubber boot to keep crap out and can be left off. Probably getting the wrong end of the stick though :D

Edited by forteh

Im pretty sure Ive got an old quicksilver maggie lever (96-98 vintage I believe) that has cracked around the pivot bolt, as far as I know the internals are all present and correct. You can have it for postage costs :)

IIRC all there is in the old hs33 maggies is the piston, an o-ring, a lip seal and the return spring.

edit: Just noticed the red arrow on your photo, I think that's just a rubber boot to keep crap out and can be left off. Probably getting the wrong end of the stick though :D

cheers mate, when you get the chance can you take it to bits and see whats actually in there? i dont mind giving you a few quid i dont expect it for nothing

Edited by old'scoolfool