My First Comp

JD™

Was routing through some old photos with my Dad last night and came across these bad boys. I'll just post the one in here, but the rest are here

Must've been circa 2000, maybe 2001.

I've always had a talent for stacking...

409045_10150489437640989_510510988_8858384_470022818_n.jpg

Edited by JD™

Yeah they are good, definitely worth getting the scanned into your computer!

I couldn't help but notice that your bike had a seat, didn't know BMX has these types of competitions...

I think most stuff back then had a seat, on stocks anyway. That was actually a dirt jump frame, steel, heavy as f**k. The only trials bits on it were the pashley forks and HS33 (running stock pads too, of course)! Had to have 6 working gears back then too... Good memories :)

Nice! Where was it? Do you remember where you finished?

I haven't got the foggiest on either to be honest, don't even know which route I rode, but it looks like blue from the pics. Amazing how it was basically just mounds of earth compared to todays comps.

It'd be nice to know either of those bits of information though, for definite. Probably lost for eternity though...

Thinking about doing a few this year yeah, but it'll be a far from serious escapade - streety 24 and lots of entertaining bails is the plan, without making people think I'm taking the piss, which I won't be.

nice big lighter bmx with brakes there! :rolleyes:

but yeah, finding old pics is awesome, looks like a typical southern comp....bankings! not like the real comps we had/have up north with proper rocks! :lol:

Not sure it was any lighter to be honest!

Yea it was definitely down south somewhere, no idea where though :(