Tyre Problems

Trials-Mikey

i saw that neil tunnicliffe was running a dmr on the front and a maxxis minion on the back i thought about doing that on my 20 inch with a rear try-all stiky and a kenda small block 8 anyone ever done that ???

I ran a rear 19" Try-All Stiky Light and a front SB 8.

Rear was (and is still) brilliant. Super grippy. But I never really rated the Kenda. Was ace on street, but utterly useless in the wet, unless ran at low pressures, which made the already poor puncture resistant almost unbearable.

Winning combo = Try-All on both wheels. Either Stiky or Stiky light. Wont be dissapointed.

Anybody tried kenda kinetics ? Got some coming and wondring what opinions of them are ?

Not sure if they do different compounds in the Kinetics, i believe Kenda's only decent compound is the Stick-E. If its not a Stick-E, then they are likely to be a hard compound and therefore dogshit.

As I've said in many different threads around here I hate my Kinetics, they're very hard to pince (two pinches in about 4months) but thats probably due to the higher pressures I run. Anything lower than 30-35psi makes it feel sluggish and flat rather than bouncy. I only weigh about 81kg atm and even at 30ish psi I can still rim it out just preloading.

Monty eagle claws have awesome grip

try all stickys are also awesome grip (whether "lite" or not)

small block 8s are fine, but I had about 5 holes in my side wall though, obviously don't perform well in mud etc.

next tyre will certainly not be a try all sticky lite. still haven't got over spending 56 pound on a tyre.

i'd go for monty or try all sticky