Magura Mt2

Aii_Aitch

http://www.tartybike...c558p11738.html

Just been added to tartybikes' website. Just wondering how powerful they are, considering that they're only £90...

Does anyone have any experience?

& are these just as good as hope tech discs?

I considered getting these, so I tested the ones we had at work, far too spongy for me. You really can't feel the bite point. The Hope Techs feel much, much better, are way more powerful and you can adjust the bite point :)

Does anyone have any experience?

& are these just as good as hope tech discs?

No experience, but I'd wager that they're better, as every Hope brake I've ever owned has been rubbish. I've had a couple of Magura disc brakes, and they never went wrong. My brother has just swapped the Hope M4 brakes on his dirt jump bike for Magura Louise's, and they're far, far better things.

Hmmm...

Mixed views, then.

I'd expect the hopes to be a lot better, because they're about double the price. And I've definitely seen hopes and echos all over the place.

Is there really no adjuster on the maggies, though? On their rim brakes they have them...

and if not on the lever, then on the caliper?

There's a start point adjuster, sort of like the BAT adjuster system on the MT4 and old Louise (etc) brakes, but you need to use a Torx key to use it.

The ones we had on a 1049 here felt pretty decent. Didn't feel spongy to me on that setup. We basically opted to get these brakes in stock after seeing them on the 1049 bikes and being impressed by them, then working out where their price-point fitted in in comparison to the rest of our brakes. I wouldn't say they would be up there with the Tech Trial mainly because the Tech Trial brake has so much adjustment (although with the Tech Trial brake being phased out that's less of an issue). The good thing about them is that the seals should be pretty reliable in that Maguras generally don't really go wrong from a seals point of view.

Echo's have a really good feel to them and the closed system is rather a nice touch once you set them up which is a pain in the arse.

In terms of power, 160's are great on mod bikes, 180's are great on 24" bikes. But Echo seem to have forgotten about 26" bikes because the 180 just isn't powerful enough.

90 pounds? I got a set of these, with rotors and one adapter for 120 posted, or i think it was a little less. They feel quite nice. The front one feels quite solid and holds really well. The back one i cant really comment on as my disc mount is slightly out so it makes it hard to get it not to grub. Still holds and bites really well mind. :)

So in response to mark, If the tech trial is being phased out, what's it being replaced with?!. And also I second the fact that the 180 echo isn't strong enough for gaps to front on a 26, in my personal experience anyway, just slips everytime, but could be perfect for a mod..

So in response to mark, If the tech trial is being phased out, what's it being replaced with?!.

hope-trial-zone-500x375.jpg

The Hope Trial Zone :)

Hope have already stopped supplying the Tech Trial but obviously they are still in stock on tarty :) If you want a new one, get em bought quick!

How come the spanish shops mostly seem to get parts before we do??

Or is it because tarty's take more time (read: care) in ordering a batch of stuff?

obviously I don't want (or expect) the tarty lads to divulge the entire business plan or owt like that,

I just thought a cheeky little insight to behind the scenes would be quite nice.

that was not written to be a dig or nowt; just in case it sounds it

Edited by CC12345678910

Or is it because tarty's take more time (read: care) in ordering a batch of stuff?

I would guess that it's because Tarty have already bought a large stock of Tech's and need to clear them first?

It sort of depends on the product itself and the manufacturer really. Some manufacturers have "arrangements" which mean it'd be impossible for us to be able to get stuff before some of the Spanish shops. Other times, it's possibly because we hold more stock than most places, so place orders less frequently. If you're ordering little but often then I suppose you can afford to get new stuff in pretty quickly. Similarly, when we place orders with companies like Echo we generally place quite large orders which take longer to make, pack and ship - this will also slow down the process.

Regarding the Hope brakes, we only really found out about the deal with the Tech Trial and Trial Zone brakes when we tried placing another for Tech Trial brakes. We hadn't been told anything about any of it - which was nice - so we only found out sort of by chance, really. Stan's trying out one of the Trial Zone brakes now to see what they're like. We don't really sell many/any post mount frames or forks either, so having a good stock of IS brakes seems to make more sense than just jumping into stocking exclusively post mount brakes just because they're shiny and/or new. We're all big fans of the Tech Trial brakes, so we'll just have to see if they're as good.

That's probably the best shout I can come up with in this case, but it happens with onther products too though, I just can't think of any right now.

Damn brain, think I need a new one... :-

It sort of depends on the product again for that. It sometimes seems like certain places wait to see what we get and what it's like through our photos/descriptions, then go from that...

hope-trial-zone-500x375.jpg

The Hope Trial Zone :)

Hope have already stopped supplying the Tech Trial but obviously they are still in stock on tarty :) If you want a new one, get em bought quick!

I love the look of these brakes, is it just the lever thats different or has the calliper changed too? Is it more powerful than the older style one?

Mark, how does it compare to stans magura marta because you said that was the tits, yeah?

Edited by Laurence--Trials