U Break Adaptor

shansen

hey guys

i know this is all about trials and that its a bmx question but really need your help

dose anyone know where i can get a ubreak to vbreak adaptor, ive been looking about and i cant find any but ive seen some pictures of one on google images.

your help would really be appreciated because ubreaks suck :)

thanks seb.

Surely this will not work, a) bearing in mind they mount higher then the arms would hit the bosses for u brake, you could combat this by chopping them off yes but then you also have to take into account these are designed to fit the tube thickness of a fork, no bmx rear triangle no matter how beefy will be thick enough to accommodate these.......

Surely this will not work, a) bearing in mind they mount higher then the arms would hit the bosses for u brake, you could combat this by chopping them off yes but then you also have to take into account these are designed to fit the tube thickness of a fork, no bmx rear triangle no matter how beefy will be thick enough to accommodate these.......

Depends on the bmx frame, These would easily fit on my 04 hoffman i have laying around in my shed.

I looked into it ages ago and found out about it on pinkbike. Basically, no, it cannot be done.

Just forgot to put in my original post, that was a quick search, but there are mounts the fit on ally and carbon roadie forks, there your best option.

Set up your U good enough there just as good as your average V.

Depends on the bmx frame, These would easily fit on my 04 hoffman i have laying around in my shed.

I looked into it ages ago and found out about it on pinkbike. Basically, no, it cannot be done.

Just forgot to put in my original post, that was a quick search, but there are mounts the fit on ally and carbon roadie forks, there your best option.

Set up your U good enough there just as good as your average V.

Are you serious?

A well set up odyssey evo with decent pads works wonders. Although not as good as a maggy, which is why I brazed some 4 bolt mounts onto the other side of my seatstay works an absolute treat!

You can get v brake plates which someone posted above but I've never seen a U to V adaptor.

thanks for all the good feedback guys, but reading it my idea wont work then. I was only looking for a cheap solution for getting a good break on my bmx its not worth all that much so im not going to spend loads on a good u break, so might go slap on some tar or something.

but thanks again

seb.

A well set up odyssey evo with decent pads works wonders. Although not as good as a maggy, which is why I brazed some 4 bolt mounts onto the other side of my seatstay works an absolute treat!

You can get v brake plates which someone posted above but I've never seen a U to V adaptor.

I have many, many years ago, it was shit.