Hope Trial Zone Or Tech Trial

cardenas_26trials

Hey guys,

Im going to buy a rear disc brake in a while and i'm not sure on which one should I pick. Also, I've heard some Hope brakes doesn't have a large period of life time, is this valid for every kind of Hope? Any kind of review, comment, advice, personal experience and suggestion from you is very useful!

thanks

Zone is the new improved brakes so surly the ones to get

just like the new magura's? new does not always mean improved, and the fact their cheaper AND much much lighter suggests their an alternative for people on a budget not necessarily better

Zone is the new improved brakes so surly the ones to get

That largely depends on your setup. The Tech Trial was/is a great brake, but Hope didn't want to have to keep making what's effectively a custom item. That's basically the only reason they're discontinued, not due to issues with performance or anything like that.

If you've got an IS setup (rather than a post mount setup) then I'd go for the Tech Trial as it'll be easier to set up, and the lever is a lot better (I'd rather have a load of adjustment at the lever rather than save a tiny amount of weight).

The Tech Trial brake, as far as I'm aware. It was never a 'standard' option, we basically had to have all our batches of brakes custom ordered. When Hope are busy, this takes ages, and so they tried simplifying things.